MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 27th, 2003, 02:53 PM

Angry System Error #1

I've been using Karaoke Pro 4.008 sucessfully since I upgraded from Ver. 3.1. Today however, I clicked the KHPro tap in Microstudio and, out of the blue, received the following message: " System Error #1, contact MTU."
I've tried all the suggestions mentioned in the forum, e.g. Uninstall and reinstall using my serial number, etc., to no avail. My computer hardware and operating system hasn't changed, i.e. the same ethernet card, Windows XP.
Any ideas?
Old March 27th, 2003, 03:18 PM

I'm gonna take a guess that the problem is that Microstudio is still trying to follow the path to KHpro, which no longer exists, as it has been replaced with Kpro.

Try setting up the new path:

On the KHpro page in Microstudio, click FIND
Click on the arrow next to LOOK IN and select C:
Select PROGRAM FILES
Select MICRO TECHNOLOGY UNLIMITED
Double click the Karaoke Pro folder
Double click on KPro.exe

That path should now show up in green in the PROGRAM FOLDER
box on the KHpro page in Microstudio.

Clicking RUN KHpro should open Kpro.

Hope this is it.

George
Old March 29th, 2003, 04:06 AM
Lauraine Graham- with the Lord Lauraine Graham- with the Lord is offline

I hope George has solved your problem, he is usually right on the button.

However, just in case (because you haven't yet let us know) ensure that your ethercard is still running and has not been accidently disabled. This happened to me when the cable from my LAN worked loose.

Hope you are, or soon will be, up and running.

best wishes
Old March 29th, 2003, 06:42 AM

No, still not working. I had already tried George's suggestion. I am prompted with the same message even when I try to open KHpro direct from it's folder. I still have version 3 of KHpro and I can run it OK, the problem is with version 4, which now looks as if it may be related to an Eternet card problem, though I don't understand why as I haven't done anything with the card, in fact it doesn't get used, it just happened to be fitted in my laptop when I bought it. Supposing I had a computer without an ethernet card fitted, how would I download and run KHpro version 4.

Any more ideas
Regards
John
Old March 29th, 2003, 08:27 AM

A note for the future.
You might have received some meaningful help from support by now if you had made the problem clear from the onset. It appeared that the problem was opening Kpro from Microstudio, not the inability to open Kpro at all.

Hopefully support will check back through the posts, but it is the weekend now, and they may not until Monday.

Sorry I can't help.

George
Old March 29th, 2003, 09:06 AM

Thanks for the advice George, will remember next time, (I'm new to this forum). In the meantime I looked at Lauraine's suggestion re ethernet card problem, mechanically everything seems OK. I also checked for recent Windows XP automatic updates and found that an updated XRCOM Cardbus net driver (Ver 3.14.11.0) was downloaded and installed. Would this cause a problem with opening KHpro 4?
Regards
John
Old March 29th, 2003, 10:21 AM

John,
I don't have a clue as to whether that update could have caused a problem or not, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Since you have XP, why don't you try doing a restore, using a date when you know everything was working? May or may not resolve the problem.

George
Old March 31st, 2003, 12:21 PM

Hi George
I tried your suggestion and restored my computer to and earlier time when evreything was working OK, however I still receive the same MTU message (System Error #1) when I try to start Kpro Ver 4.
Perhaps I will have to request a new serial number and try reinstalling Kpro Ver 4.
Will the MTU admin staff please advise?
Regards
John
Old April 2nd, 2003, 05:00 PM

Cowanjl,
This is a wierd problem. I am not sure what would have caused this to happen on your system.

What I would recommend doing is try to uninstall KPRO 4.008 and then Reinstall it to see what happens.

Let us know if that helps.
Old April 4th, 2003, 06:03 AM

Hi Brian
I've tried uninstalling Kpro and reinstalling it a few times but still receive the same message. I've upgraded my BIOS recently, would that cause the probem. I may need a new serial no. Please advise.
John
Old April 7th, 2003, 11:38 AM

Cowanjl,
Please run the KproID.exe program again and email me the MacID that it shows, so that I can compare it to the one that your serial number is for. This will tell me if your bios upgrade changed this some how.

Please send this to support@mtu.com.
Old April 10th, 2003, 04:25 AM

Hi Brian,
I tried running KproID.exe and it says "Ethernet Device Not Found."
So I'm now at a complete loss as to what to do next. There is definitely an Ethernet card fitted in my laptop and when I run the Windows Device Manager it indicates that there is a Xircom Cardbus Ethernet II 10/100 fitted and that it is enabled and working properly!
Now what?
Regards
John

Old April 10th, 2003, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Manager it indicates that there is a Xircom Cardbus Ethernet II 10/100 fitted and that it is enabled and working properly!

John,

Your drivers might not be installed correctly. If this is the care, here is a link that will tell you eveything you need to know about drivers for your card.

http://support.intel.com/support/xc/.../XPsupport.htm

Here is a link for the ACTUAL driver for your card:

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...2&DwnldID=3231

Good luck,

Jon
Old April 13th, 2003, 02:29 AM

John,

Since you were having so much trouble with your Xircom Cardbus Ethernet II 10/100. Won’t you please be kind to tell us IF any of our suggestions fixed your problem?

We may need to help someone with the same situation.

Thank you,

Jon
Old April 13th, 2003, 05:16 AM

Hi Jon,
I tried your suggestion and reinstalled the latest driver for the Ethernet card (it was the same version that was already installed on my computer), that made no difference so I then tried installing an earlier version and it also made no difference, I still receive the System Error #1 message. The only other thing I can think of is; a few weeks ago I installed (and later uninstalled) a Universal Fast Parallel Cable connection (Direct Parallel Technologies Inc.) and associated software to my Laptop so that I could have a direct parallel connnection to a second "Host" Desktop computer, however, I don't see any reason why it should have adversley affected the running of KPro.
At the moment I'm not too happy that I paid good money for a programme that, for no apparent reason has failed to function. Any positive comments from the MTU Staff will be appreciated.
Regards,
John
Old May 18th, 2003, 03:38 PM

Angry System Error #1 Contact MTU

Just tried to run KHpro and got the "System Error #1 Contact MTU" error. I installed quite a while ago and got busy with other things, so I didn't do much with it.

Now I try to run it and get this.

Since I am on the forum, my ethernet card is working. And no major updates to the same computer, other than some Microsoft security stuff.

A bummer we have issues over protection, when we actually buy the software. Same old story, locked doors only keep out the honest people.

Any suggestions or fixes.

Joel

I just rechecked my computer and emailed the mac address to support@mtu.

My system is a HP 995 running XP with an intel pro ethernet built on the motherboard. I can't imagine the mac address changing. I did switch from a 4 port Linksys router on comcast cable, to a 4 port Siemens w/802.11b wireless. I now have a Internet/Residential Gateway icon on my network screen, in addition to the local area connection.

Any ideas ?

Joel

Last edited by joelheck; May 18th, 2003 at 04:19 PM.
Old May 19th, 2003, 11:22 AM

I've had exactly the same problem for 2 months and I am still waiting for a satisfactory reply from the MTU experts!
John
Old May 19th, 2003, 05:02 PM

Smile System Error #1 - resolved

When I first set up Kpro, I had my system configured as a network bridge (in house multi-computer network), which sets up a different macaddress on the system for the bridge. Kpro worked under that arrangement.

I since then converted my system to a Siemens 4 port router w/802.11b wireless. During that conversion, a Residential Gateway was set up, which replaced the "Network Bridge", now the true mac-address for the Intel Pro 100 ethernet port is displayed. After submitting that to Doug D, the correct serial # works fine.

Hopefully this information can help others review their system if they change their network around and have a similar problem.

Thank you Brian and Doug, for your prompt Monday morning response to my problem. Kpro is now working fine.

Joel
Old May 28th, 2003, 12:02 PM

CowanJ,
Did you get yours to work? If not, then make sure that your Network card is showing up under Windows. If it won't show under Device Manager, then there is no way that the KPROId program can find it, and thus Karaoke Pro also won't beable to find it. This could be the cause of your problems with the System Error #1.