MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5

Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5 Discussions for Microeditor versions that use Krystal DSP Engine audio card

Old May 6th, 2003, 11:33 AM

Computer crashed - need MTU to contact me

I am new to this forum.

We have been an MTU customer for 3 years. My MTU-supplied computer (Windows 98) just crashed and I need to talk to someone at MTU for recovery protocol. I have version 5.2 on my floppy but later installed 5.3 via the web. How might I do that again? HELP!

I must say, this is the most unorthodox way to get support that I've encountered. Are you sure you want the whole world to see your customers' complaints, problems, and axes to grind????
Old May 6th, 2003, 01:44 PM

Question

KMA.

What do you mean when you said your computer just crashed Can you boot at all and if not, what error messages are you getting? Are you trying to open a program and it doesn’t open?

Regards,

Jon
Old May 6th, 2003, 02:14 PM

At this stage, it looks like my Motherboard gave out. My I.T. department is running diagnostics, but it may not be that big a deal.

The computer would not even do the self-start. The display was blank even though you could hear the computer "crunching".

I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old May 6th, 2003, 03:08 PM

KMA,
I have checked our records against your name and Email and I can't find anything in our Databases under KMA Direct Comm. I have gone to your website also.

Please email the information of which the system was purchased under to me at support@mtu.com. I will then try to figure out what system you have.

Just so that you know, if your Motherboard died, you will have a very hard time to find one that is not Pentium 4, that Krystal will work with. This is just so that you know ahead of time.

Krystal has always been extremely picky with the timing of the PCI bus on the motherboards and the only boards that we could use for the Pentium II and III processors were the ABIT brand.

The new ABIT P4 boards are no longer working and the only motherboards that now work are the Intel D845GEBV2L motherboard, under Windows XP with Microeditor 5.5.

So this may be something that you might want to think about, upgrading to Microeditor 5.5 and going to Windows XP Professional.

The upgrade to Microeditor can be purchased at: http://www.mtu.com/store/merchant.mv...Microeditor55n
Old May 8th, 2003, 10:21 AM

Oaky, so my I.T. department figures out it IS the Motherboard that is the source of the problem.

Bryan, you and your Support department have had several messages from Ryan here at KMA. Please answer him by whatever means you wish - voice, email, this forum, etc. My studio is out of commission until Ryan hears from you and your Support dept. I'm suprised that after 2 days of trying to get a hold of you that you have not answered him. That IS the reason I paid extra for the tower and the hardware - to ALSO get the support.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

John
Old May 21st, 2003, 10:46 AM
Blocked From MTU.Community

Bryan and all-
I don't know if this helps, but I was able to get Medit 5.5. running
on Win XP Pro using an Intel P4 2.50B gig CPU and an Asus P4PE motherboard.

This board has onboard audio, Firewire, Lan, RAID and a lot more stuff, which was why I was initially unsure if Krystal would run on it. I did not try this combo under Win98, and of course 5.5 for XP has that different SYS driver which allows IRQ sharing. But the combo does run.
Old May 21st, 2003, 11:30 PM
Administrator

MTU support response

As President of MTU, I read your accusation against MTU's support and looked into this myself to see what really happened. Following is what I found:[list=1][*] 2000 - You purchased a full workstation from MTU so you could use it immediately. We have not heard once from you since then, proving our workstation was running reliably for three years before the motherboard failed.
[*] 05/06/03 - You telephoned MTU, but said only your name so fast we could not identify you. No phone number, email address, or company name were provided. Your recorded message was also very insulting and uncalled for.
[*] 05/06/03, 11:33 AM - You posted in our Forums as instructed in our recorded phone message, but still did not identify yourself. At 02:14 PM you posted again in answer to a Forum member, again with no identification.
[*] 05/06/03, 03:08 PM - Bryan, our Support Manager, posted a clear support answer in this Thread as the only means he had to contact you.
[*] 05/06/03 - Bryan answered your email sent to him where you finally identified yourself, and provided the information he requested in his Forum Post.
[*] 05/08/03 - Ryan sent his first email to MTU. That day we were under an Internet DOS-Attack during the entire business day and we could not access the Internet. It is unreasonable to fail to realize that things like this happen that are beyond our control.
[*] 05/08/03, 10:21 AM - You posted 2 days after Bryan's initial post that we had not responded to you or Ryan. The facts in this Thread clearly prove we had.
[*] 05/09/03 - As soon as we could receive emails again, Bryan responded to Ryan's email to help diagnose your problem.
[*] 05/21/03 - Since you have ceased to contact us, you appear to have now solved the problem with the information Bryan provided you.[/list=1]

In closing, I find that MTU responded immediately in a professional manner with sufficient information for your IT team to solve your problem. Given that you failed to identify yourself for a day, and our Internet link was shut down the next day, we responded as fast as was possible. I fail to see your accusations are founded, and the facts prove otherwise. I am glad we could help you in a professional manner.