MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 16th, 2003, 09:18 PM

Angry Tempo Of Music

wHEN I TRY TO SYNC MUSIC AND LYRICS, THE MUSIC IS AT A FASTER TEMPO THEN RECORDED. /////ie. I RECORDED "JUST A CLOSER WALK AT TEMPO 106, BUT IT PLAYED BACK WHEN I TRIED TO SYNC, AT ABOUT 145 TEMPO. HELP
Old March 16th, 2003, 09:47 PM

This could possibly depend on the source of the music you're trying to use. The most common reason for what you are describing is music that has been downloaded off the internet and is formated at a speed other than 44.1 khz, which is the .wav standard, or possibly a midi file that was converted to .wav at a speed other than 44.1 khz.

Hope this helps,

George
Old March 16th, 2003, 10:37 PM

Smile tempo

George;
Thanks,that fixed the problem. I use MID2WAV, program and forget to check everything. Again Thanks
Old March 29th, 2003, 04:17 AM
Lauraine Graham- with the Lord Lauraine Graham- with the Lord is offline

Would be obliged if you would let me know which MIDI to WAV program you use. I have need of one and cannot find one - plenty of programs to change WAVE to MIDI (although I cannot imagine why anyone would want to) I friend has sent me a MIDI but I cannot change it to WAV so I can use it.

best wishes
Old March 29th, 2003, 05:13 AM

Hi Lauraine,

Perhaps you would like to read most posts in the following links. I think you will find information that not only will help you with MIDI to WAV conversion, but also the magnificent quality of such conversions.

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1709

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1224

Best regards,

Jon
Old March 29th, 2003, 11:51 AM

Thanks. Will do that.

best wishes
Old March 29th, 2003, 01:20 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauraine Graham
Would be obliged if you would let me know which MIDI to WAV program you use. I have need of one and cannot find one - plenty of programs to change WAVE to MIDI (although I cannot imagine why anyone would want to) I friend has sent me a MIDI but I cannot change it to WAV so I can use it.

best wishes
Hello,

I use Wingroove, is excellent to convert MIDIS to WAV in instants.
Download this from http://www.videokenainternet.hpg.ig....Wingroove.htm.

Old March 29th, 2003, 01:41 PM

Lauraine,

I think you're going to want to do more than just convert MIDI to .WAV. With the Edirol Virtual Sound Canvas that many of us are using, you can re-sequence the files to suite your choosing; take out instruments, change instruments, enhance the sound quality, change the key, alter the tempo, and by removing lead instruments completly, really create some amazing Karaoke tracks, after converting to .WAV and running through Kpro.

You can truly take some rather poor sounding MIDI's and produce some startling results.

Check out the threads Jon has pointed out. There's a link to the Edirol site there.

Best,

George
Old March 30th, 2003, 04:22 AM

Thanks everyone.

Yes, George, you have my number alright. You know that I am never satisfied with things as they are, I am a born modifyer (is that a word? well it is now!).

That program looks extremely interesting and I plan to save my pennies and get it. In the meantime I have saved the addresses so kindly provided so when I am in a position to buy I can.

best wishes
Old March 30th, 2003, 09:50 AM

Some other suggestions

Hi Lauraine!
There are many other softwares that allow the MIDI to WAVE change and some of them have other advantages, for example

1- DC Audio Restoration Tools from Diamond Cut Productions at http://www.enhancedaudio.com does the recording from MIDI to WAV (provided you can play the MIDI file in another software, by the way you can play MIDI files on the Windows Media Player that comes with Windows XP) but the plus here is that it allows you to improve the recorded WAVE file in a number of ways. In addition if you have old recordings (tapes, 33, 45 or even 78rpm vinyl) it cleans up the recording while converting them to WAVE files. It is also capable of converting mono recordings to stereo (by changing the sound balance) and vice-versa.

2- Cakewalk Home Studio at www.cakewalk.com plays your MIDI and records the WAVE files. Here you can play with the MIDI by changing instruments or adding new ones. When you finish the recording to WAVE you can also make modifications similar to DC Audio. Also with Cakewalk you can record your own singing in several tracks (a duet with yourself for example, or lay down the melody line and several harmony lines).

3- Digital Orchestrator Plus. This is similar to Cakewalk, but not as versatile. I used it before, but they have not upgraded the software to work well with Windows XP.

Let me know if you need any other suggestions.

Happy singing!

BANDL