MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 29th, 2007, 12:41 PM

Smile Older versions and CD/DVD roms

Douglas
Thank you for your reply.
That is one of the reasons that I did not update previously. I liked the old program as far as playing CD+G disks, it worked real well. I have most of my disk already in a .zip format, but do miss the speed of playing and recognizing a disk so I could play the new disks that I purchased, and make a custom disk. I hope in the future they get this worked out. I have numerous plextor DVD RW's, but did like the idea of being able to use the installed CDRW/DVD in my lap top without adding my USB DVDRW, but I can work around that, it did sound good anyway, and like you said maybe some day.
I guess you could call it a show, for my own personal use here at home, being retired and time on my hands but do like the feature I use in the other program that lets me project my lyrics on the TV and still be able to find the track my wife wants to sing while it is playing, but I guess there is no way around using several programs to do a little Karaoke at home, It would have been nice to have a all in one just for the home Karaoke Junkie.
Again thanks for the post, I do appreciate it.
Larry Tucker
Old March 29th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrytucker View Post
I liked the old program as far as playing CD+G disks, it worked real well. I have most of my disk already in a .zip format, but do miss the speed of playing and recognizing a disk so I could play the new disks that I purchased, and make a custom disk. I hope in the future they get this worked out.
Larry, tomorrow we will send out 4.001 Beta 1 with the code finished to play direct from the disc, no longer requiring the tracks be imported to the HDD to play.

We have lots more to add before we release 4.001, so no promises are made as to "when".
Old March 29th, 2007, 10:06 PM

While it's in Beta, the default for the MiKe button needs to be the OFF position. Seems backwards to have the Mike on all the time.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old March 29th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
While it's in Beta, the default for the MiKe button needs to be the OFF position. Seems backwards to have the Mike on all the time.
George, it defaults to whatever the computer setting is. If the mic is muted then it will show as off on startup.
Old March 29th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

Larry,
I was re-reading all your posts on this and I didn't see anywhere that you mentioned Netframe? Do you have it installed?
Old March 30th, 2007, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
George, it defaults to whatever the computer setting is. If the mic is muted then it will show as off on startup.
Still defaulted wrong. The default settings for microphone and record should be in the program, not rely on the system default. The user should be able to turn the microphone and recorder on or off for Microstudio applications without changing the system default, which would affect other uses, real-time video communications, etc.

Old March 30th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Still defaulted wrong. The default settings for microphone and record should be in the program, not rely on the system default. The user should be able to turn the microphone and recorder on or off for Microstudio applications without changing the system default, which would affect other uses, real-time video communications, etc.
George, the user is able to turn the microphone on and off through Microstudio. What I was saying is that Microstudio looks at the settings when you start the program and sets its controls accordingly. This also sets the main volume level and music volume level indicators in Microstudio as well. This is so the Microstudio settings match what already exists in the computer. Then if you change anything it also changes the settings for the computer. The record function does not have an on/off function as everytime you play a song or turn the mic on Microstudio records. When you stop playing a song then you have the option to Save the recording. If you don't want the recording then you ignore it and play the next song.
Old March 30th, 2007, 10:38 AM

Know how it's working. Simply would prefer not to have to turn the mike off each time one wants to check out a track, or have to elect not to save, if one forgets, and the mike is left on..

That's why they have chocolate and vanilla ice cream.

Didn't expect a debate on the subject. I simply put something out there for MTU to consider.

Old March 30th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Know how it's working. Simply would prefer not to have to turn the mike off each time one wants to check out a track, or have to elect not to save, if one forgets, and the mike is left on..

That's why they have chocolate and vanilla ice cream.

Didn't expect a debate on the subject. I simply put something out there for MTU to consider.
Thanks for your input, but we're not changing the operation.