MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old April 20th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Re: Need Help Bigtime!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo
I feel MicroStudio can still help you. It is the only program I know of that can rip multisession CDs regardless of the CD drive version. You could:
Use MicroStudio to rip the CDs
Import the BIN files into your CAVS (if that is possible)
(if not) burn the BINs back out to a single session CDG
Then import that CDG into your CAVs

I know its more trouble but it is a way...

Good luck..

PS Even Microstudio has a problem ripping multisession CDs, but the problem can be overcome.
Good answer BooBoo!

FYI: Microstudio 3.0 is underway and is expected to be able to directly import all tracks from even Multi-session CDG discs.

Don't have a release date, but we hope it will be in May... depends on how much testing the code will require to get it "MTU Quality".
Old April 20th, 2005, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronsings2you
I am still curious about the Hoster though. I still want to make disk copy backups of my cd&gs for protection purposes.
You would need Microstudio to make disc backups of your cgd's. Hoster will not do this.

George
Old April 20th, 2005, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Good answer BooBoo!

FYI: Microstudio 3.0 is underway and is expected to be able to directly import all tracks from even Multi-session CDG discs.

Don't have a release date, but we hope it will be in May... depends on how much testing the code will require to get it "MTU Quality".
Thanks.
Glad to hear about Microstudio 3.0. I'll be one of the first to upgrade. I had a new CD I ripped the other day that was not a multisession, but it had something in it that caused the last two tracks to rip at a very slow rate. Have you tested those? (I can't rememer the make and I am not at home to check at the moment). I know this isn't the best place to post this question but things just flowed in this direction.
Old June 5th, 2005, 02:03 PM

Smile Slow ripping disks

Hi Boo
I just finished importing using hoster and Microstudio to overcome the multisession disks. Some of mine went at a very slow rate I use a Plextor 716 UF external to perform this tasks. I have some of my disks that are fairly old like Karaoke Party Pack #1 by nutech and It felt like it took forever. I just wander if They are recorded at a slower speed like 1x and if that had any bearing on the problem. I guess the important thing is that I was able to import them or make importable disks from the Multisession. Only problem I had was getting about an extra minute to minute and half of the closing screen, guess thats better than having the song cut off before the end. I am still working the bugs out running more than one singer monitor so audience can see. but I am confident that that problem can be overcome.
Have a great day
John