MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 27th, 2016, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Handy Tips

Just thought I would share how I marked up my 2 computers to remember the shortcut function keys.
My old computer I stuck labels directly on the keys as shown in attachment 1.
My new computer I stuck the labels above the function keys attachment 2.

I find the function key shortcuts very useful but just need a visual reminder which is which for my ageing brain
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1stComputer 1.jpg (346.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 2ndComputer 2.jpg (358.0 KB, 18 views)
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old August 17th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Just uploaded a new video for Hoster 6.01.05, discussing one way importing downloaded files and showing the new first name last name reverse feature.
If you want to view or comment on the suggested way to import you can leave comments on Youtube or here.

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMDf42xY2KE
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old September 8th, 2019, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Another little video might be helpful to some.
By using a wireless video link and the Windows 10 option to connect to a wireless monitor, providing your computer has Mirrorcast function, it is possible to show a third extended screen with different view setup for singers and audience.
Downside to this is it can’t display video types as it uses the preview screen for singers monitor.

I knocked up a video showing it in action here:
https://youtu.be/MNUtn2dLN0Y
Old October 12th, 2019, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

My latest addition to my rig.
I added an Asus MB16AC USB Type-C Monitor, with this monitor you only need a single connection to supply power and video picture. Newer computers now supplied with these usb type-c sockets but there is an adapter in the box allowing you to use a standard USB socket.
I have fixed it to the top of my Dell laptop screen to give me double the screen area allowing me to have more windows on view at one time without minimising them to the taskbar.

Here’s a link showing the monitor: https://www.asus.com/uk/Monitors/MB16AC/

Attachment shows Double Height Laptop Screen.

Video Link Showing setup: https://youtu.be/1_C97up1xUg

Attachment 2540
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Double Height Laptop screen (4).jpg (2.08 MB, 5 views)

Last edited by Roy Dennis; October 12th, 2019 at 05:33 PM.
Old October 12th, 2019, 05:12 PM
VIP

I found a cool hack for singers that tell me dont ever let me try that song again while still leaving it in their list.
I add the song to the playlist under their name, then re-title the song in the playlist
example
I Knew The Bride
to I Knew The Bride < never again > (no spaces between brackets), then right click the song - click add to \'the singers name\' songs, and walla, the song now is stored in the singers history to never try that song again and do not have to delete it It will remain that way, unless you refresh the singer database for some reason or put it in the playlist and play it. It only affects that singers list and nothing else!

Here is a shot of the singer history
Attached Images
File Type: bmp alice.bmp (1.43 MB, 4 views)

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old October 13th, 2019, 10:33 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
My latest addition to my rig.
I added an Asus MB16AC USB Type-C Monitor, with this monitor you only need a single connection to supply power and video picture. Newer computers now supplied with these usb type-c sockets but there is an adapter in the box allowing you to use a standard USB socket.
I have fixed it to the top of my Dell laptop screen to give me double the screen area allowing me to have more windows on view at one time without minimising them to the taskbar.

Here’s a link showing the monitor: https://www.asus.com/uk/Monitors/MB16AC/

Attachment shows Double Height Laptop Screen.

Video Link Showing setup: https://youtu.be/1_C97up1xUg

Attachment 2540
Roy, what a great idea and thanks for sharing. Wouldn\'t this work with any type monitor? I went to the link for the monitor but couldn\'t find a price.
Thanks Roy!

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old October 13th, 2019, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post
I found a cool hack for singers that tell me dont ever let me try that song again while still leaving it in their list.
I add the song to the playlist under their name, then re-title the song in the playlist
example
I Knew The Bride
to I Knew The Bride < never again > (no spaces between brackets), then right click the song - click add to the singers name’s songs, and walla, the song now is stored in the singers history to never try that song again and do not have to delete it It will remain that way, unless you refresh the singer database for some reason or put it in the playlist and play it. It only affects that singers list and nothing else!

Here is a shot of the singer history
Yes it works OK but one draw back is if the song has a long title that is wider than the column width it will be hidden and could be missed.

Where as if right click on the song in Alice’s list and select Mark song then select Not Preferred it flags up a warning triangle. admitted it does not tell you why you flagged it so I suppose you could also add your warning note.
The other point is the not preferred option does not require adding to playlist first.
Old October 13th, 2019, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Roy, what a great idea and thanks for sharing. Wouldn’t this work with any type monitor? I went to the link for the monitor but couldn’t find a price.
Thanks Roy!
Not if your coming of the same HDMI port. When you do that it treats all monitors as the same extended view.

If you have a separate port like a display port, perhaps mini HDMI or VGA. Separate from the main HDMI it may work but the monitor would have to support the type of connection your using

This monitor allows you to connect to a USB port if you don’t have the preferable USB Type-C port (preferably USB 3 as that is faster than USB2) my computer has the newer Type-C port, It confused me when searching for something.
I chose this one as it is backward compatible with my backup computer that only has USB 3 connection. The beauty is it takes it’s power from the single wired connection, no extra adapter required.
When connecting via standard USB port you have to download a Driver from the Asus site.

The link was just to the main Asus site just so you could see full details. Best to search Amazon or Ebay for that model number.

It was not cheap I paid £219 sterling on Ebay UK but he only had 10 at that price, they are normally around £236 - £300 I am very pleased with it so far.

I have now revised the setup and set it at the side of my main monitor, not sure which setup I like best yet.

Here’s a pic with side By side setup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Side By Side Option.jpg (1.36 MB, 5 views)
Old October 13th, 2019, 03:11 PM
VIP

Quote:
Not if your coming of the same HDMI port. When you do that it treats all monitors as the same extended view.

If you have a separate port like a display port, perhaps mini HDMI or VGA. Separate from the main HDMI it may work but the monitor would have to support the type of connection your using

This monitor allows you to connect to a USB port if you don’t have the preferable USB Type-C port (preferably USB 3 as that is faster than USB2) my computer has the newer Type-C port, It confused me when searching for something.
I chose this one as it is backward compatible with my backup computer that only has USB 3 connection. The beauty is it takes it’s power from the single wired connection, no extra adapter required.
When connecting via standard USB port you have to download a Driver from the Asus site.

The link was just to the main Asus site just so you could see full details. Best to search Amazon or Ebay for that model number.

It was not cheap I paid £219 sterling on Ebay UK but he only had 10 at that price, they are normally around £236 - £300 I am very pleased with it so far.

I have now revised the setup and set it at the side of my main monitor, not sure which setup I like best yet.

Here’s a pic with side By side setup.
Nice! Did you make the brakets to mount it?

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old October 13th, 2019, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Ha yes, not a great engineering feat, the side by side one just sits in a piece of Aluminium U channel clipped to rack box.

The vertical one I was lucky as it is the exact same width and thickness as laptop screen so I used two pieces of plastic U channel on both sides which are held in place by some long elastic bands.
If you look close at the attachment in post 24 you can see the bands top bottom and middle. It actually holds it quite firm.

I might make it more sophisticated latter on
Old October 13th, 2019, 04:53 PM
VIP

Quote:
Ha yes, not a great engineering feat, the side by side one just sits in a piece of Aluminium U channel clipped to rack box.

The vertical one I was lucky as it is the exact same width and thickness as laptop screen so I used two pieces of plastic U channel on both sides which are held in place by some long elastic bands.
If you look close at the attachment in post 24 you can see the bands top bottom and middle. It actually holds it quite firm.

I might make it more sophisticated latter on
Great job!

Old October 14th, 2019, 05:11 PM
VIP

Quote:
Yes it works OK but one draw back is if the song has a long title that is wider than the column width it will be hidden and could be missed.

Where as if right click on the song in Alice’s list and select Mark song then select Not Preferred it flags up a warning triangle. admitted it does not tell you why you flagged it so I suppose you could also add your warning note.
The other point is the not preferred option does not require adding to playlist first.
It could be flagged at the beginning of the song too. < NA > NA=Never again Like said it\'s not perfect, but a small hack I found that works for the most part.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB