MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 21st, 2019, 08:17 AM

Audio skips when I open any windows, web browser, or anything on my computer

This started a few months ago basically if i open a folder, web browser, or anything on my laptop while a song is playing in Hoster, the audio playing in hoster whether its an mp4, mp3g or zip, will skip, get distorted and get out of sync, everything worked flawlessly for a couple years and i would always have web browsers and other things open. It just started doing this a couple months ago, I reinstalled windows, got new hard drives and upgraded to the latest version of hoster today cause it was stuff I wanted to do anyway. I wasn\\\'t sure if it would make any difference but it didn\\\'t. I tested playing the same karaoke files from the same location in programs like VLC, OpenKJ, Karaoke Builder Player, and Karafun while opening a bunch of random programs on my computer while the songs are playing (to see if anything I could do would give me the same problem that Hoster does but they all played fine no matter what I did or how many programs I would open) I\'ve tried all the Audio settings from Lowest to Above Normal and it doesn\'t seem to help.

If anyone has any ideas on how to try and fix this, that would be cool.
thanks

I\\\'m using bootcamp windows 10 on a Macbook Pro 2010 i7 2.8ghz 8gb if that matters.

Last edited by datkinson82; November 21st, 2019 at 08:39 AM.
Old November 21st, 2019, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Audio skips when I open any windows, web browser, or anything on my computer

Only thing I can think of, do you have Hosters power scheme tick box selected ? if not tick that box.

Find this under Settings general tab first tick box.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old November 21st, 2019, 04:32 PM

Re: Audio skips when I open any windows, web browser, or anything on my computer

Yeah it\'s checked, I\'ll probably try a new laptop soon, just weird that it started doing this.