MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite Testimonials

Keyrite Testimonials Do you like Keyrite?

Old October 9th, 2005, 01:03 PM

keyrite 1400 did a great job

I just finished creating an Audio CD-R after changing keys with keyrite 1400, and it sounds pretty good on my big stereo, a smaller CD player, and my PC. I can't compare to the pro version so I don't know how much of a difference there is.

What happened I had purchased a CDG, but when I got it home I found all the song keys were totally out of my range. My wife said to take it back. I told her these were really great songs and I needed to find a way to work with them. I did a google search and I came across Keyrite. I tried the demo. I decided to start with 1400 and upgrade to pro if I needed to.

The steps I took using keywrite 1400.

1. copied the audio portion using Sonic Stage to wave files.
2. Changed the keys on all the songs using all these increments -1,-2,-3,-5,-5,and+5.
3. Created an audio CDR using Sonic Stage.

I also took songs from another CDG and lowered they keys on those as well.

The way I look at is, I have more options. Since I don't perform much anyway, I can use the CDR to practice, and I can use the original CDG live or even use the CDR if the DJ has no way of lowering the Keys on the CDG.
Old October 12th, 2005, 03:46 PM

After working and using keyrite1400 at home and mostly on a small cd player, it seems that the CD's may not be up to par for performing live as I originally thought. But I still need to do a good test on my big stereo to be sure.

However, it may be necessary for me to upgrade to the pro version, which was my original plan. Please advise if there is a time limit to upgrade.

Please note: All my music uses a lot of trumpets as well as strings.

Thanks.

Last edited by nptrevino; October 12th, 2005 at 03:55 PM.
Old October 12th, 2005, 05:15 PM

Good for practicing

Boy, I've been there. I remember making cassette tapes using my mixer, praying for something like keyrite to come along.

Just wait until you get microstudio and KHPRO and get a disc burner that will do cdg. You can really start doing some damage!! (That's meant in a good way)

I do recommend getting the 2XXX series of Keyrite. Even though some folks don't see a difference, I think it is an improvement over 1400.

You're just getting your piggie toes wet; just jump right in and splash around! (scarrrry!!)
Old October 12th, 2005, 05:23 PM

Keyrite pro upgrade

nptrevino,

No time limit on upgrading, so please do it at your leisure.

Regards,

DougC
Old October 13th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nptrevino
The steps I took using keywrite 1400.

1. copied the audio portion using Sonic Stage to wave files.
2. Changed the keys on all the songs using all these increments -1,-2,-3,-5,-5,and+5.
3. Created an audio CDR using Sonic Stage.

I also took songs from another CDG and lowered they keys on those as well.

The way I look at is, I have more options. Since I don't perform much anyway, I can use the CDR to practice, and I can use the original CDG live or even use the CDR if the DJ has no way of lowering the Keys on the CDG.
You may want to consider Microstudio also so you can import your CDG tracks with the lyrics. Then, Keyrite will keychange the music and leave the lyrics in the same synchronization as the original.

Microstudio also allows writing a new CDG disc back with your key changed songs. Then, you never again need to ask for a key change from your show host.
Old October 13th, 2005, 03:58 PM

Jahern, Thanks for the reply. I'm going to take it slow since I don't perform much. I already have a Plextor external DVD writer that supports CDG. I have tested and it does copy a CDG file to the PC. But I didnt' test write a CDG.

My next step is to upgrade keyrite. I am going to have to rely on testimonials to make sure that I'll be satisfied with the sound.

Admin. Getting software that creates CDGS such as micro studio is something I would really like to have. I am keeping that option open.

Thanks.