MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 6th, 2016, 09:44 PM

Unhappy KHPro 5.01 Keeps Crashing!

Hi All,

I just can't get KHPro to work? I have used it successfully without any problems.
I haven't used it lately and I'm not 100% certain if I last used it under Win10 or Win8. I have upgraded to Win10.

This is the message I keep getting:
(QUOTE)KHPro MFC Application has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available
(END QUOTE)

I have un-installed KHPro, then re-installed it, restarted computer and still it crashes. So I un-installed it again, even deleted everything related to it from the registry, then re-installed it, installed the lame_dll files both into System & System 32 folders, restarted my computer, and KHPro still crashes.

Please help me

Lani.

Windows 10 Home
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-467 CPU @ 3.4GHz
Ram: 16.0 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
1.8TB HD

Laptop Computer:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Ram: 8GB
System type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor
Video Cards:
1x Intel(R)HD Graphics 4600
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Audio Card: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Full Windows Touch Support with 10 Touch Points
Old July 7th, 2016, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Re: KHPro 5.01 Keeps Crashing!

I don't really know what's going on here but will suggest a couple of things you can try.
Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Technology Unlimited\Khpro folder and right click on the khpro.exe file (not sure if that is the exact name as I don't have it but the executable file).
Then choose properties and select the Compatibility tab.
There are various things you can try but first if its not already ticked, tick the box for run as administrator press apply then see if works without crashing. If still no luck go back to the properties and try the run Compatibility trouble shooter, last of all if still no luck tick the box run this program in compatibility mode and try Windows 7 or one of the other choices.

If still no luck then I think it best you put in a support ticket.

If any of the above work please come back and let us know or if you find another answer what did work.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old July 8th, 2016, 01:00 AM

Re: KHPro 5.01 Keeps Crashing!

Thank you Roy for your response.

I have just discovered that KHPro wont work with an MP3 file. It does work when I use a wave file.
So I'm back to converting the MP3 to wav and KHPro works!

I've followed the websites directions to download the lame_dll file etc etc but it doesn't want to work on my computer?

Never mind, at least I can continue with my projects for now. I'll try what you suggested and see what happens.

Again thank you Roy

Laptop Computer:
Video Cards:
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Old July 11th, 2016, 05:53 AM

Smile Re: KHPro 5.01 Keeps Crashing!

Hi Roy,

I've just worked out that the mp3 file I was using I had converted from a ".wav" file and saved it as a "lame mp3(*.mp3)" file which wouldn't work. So I converted the ".wav" file again but saved it as a "mp3/mp3PRO(*.mp3)" and it worked! I had no idea there was a difference?
Anyway, it now works with mp3's and I can export it as "mp3 + G" files. YEAH!

I hope this might help others. Thank you guys for your responses, I really do appreciate it.

Kind Regards,

Lani

Laptop Computer:
Video Cards:
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Old September 22nd, 2017, 06:13 AM

KHPro 5 01 Keeps Crashing

I just redownloaded OpenMPT, because it when I installed the update, it wouldn\'t work with my plugin bridge. I\'m still not sure what that means. Each time it opens and I open a song it tells me it can\'t find any of my instruments. I have to rescan the folder each time. On top of that, it resets all my settings. This might not be so bad, but it keeps crashing every 5-10 minutes. What\'s happening?

Tags
crash, khpro