MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old September 16th, 2003, 04:41 PM

Hear mic.through speakers

Can anyone tell me If It Is possible to be able to speak or sing Into your built in microphone and hear It through your built in speakers?? So as to be able to sing along with your karaoke cd's.You may email me at boazmorgan@charter.net
Thank you
Tom
Old September 17th, 2003, 01:10 PM

Built-In Stuff On Computer??

I don't know what these built-in things are. On any computer I have owned, the Built-in speaker (The thing that you hear the modem and some beeps on) is not sufficient for karaoke singing.

If I plug some speakers into the sound card terminals and a microphone also into the sound card terminal, it is indeed possible to sing along to microstudio. You adjust the volume by going into volume control.

ChoosePlayback Options

Adjust Microphone using Microphone
Adjust Microstudio Playback using Wave (Or something similar)
Adjust General Volume using Play Control (Or something similar)

MAKE SURE THESE CONTROLS ARE NOT MUTED

Unfortunately one cannot make these adjustments and hear the effects while Microstudio is playing. (Don't get me started) You have to make what you think is a proper adjustment and hope you are right when you play Microstudio.

I realize that thomasmorgan wanted an e-mail. I feel that perhaps more than one person can benefit here.

Good Luck
Old September 17th, 2003, 01:26 PM

Hear microphone through speakers

Thanks jahern, I will try what you have Informed me of.
But I do have very good speakers ( 2 of them) attached to my Compaq mv700 monator and a good microphone built In.. I will have to study some about the sound card terminal you spoke of. I will let you know. Tom
Old September 17th, 2003, 02:53 PM

Volume Control Advice Still Probably Applies

Probably the advice I gave with connected speakers still holds and also applies to the mic. Use volume control.

If you have to put your head close to the monitor or wherever the mic is, what is the fun in doing the karaoke? Why don't you just play it on the computer and sing along? Are you interested in recording it as well?? That is certainly possible. Just curious.
Old September 17th, 2003, 04:07 PM

Lightbulb Use Line for Mic

The Mic in on your audio card is made for a mini microphone that you would use for chating...

You should be using the Line In for best result. I suggest you get a mixer or console that has a good Mic preamp, this way you can connect your Karaoke Mic to the mixer/Console and than connect to the Line IN.

If you have a SB Live or Audigy Card you will also be able to use the DSP (EAX) for Echo, Reverb.

Regards