MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 2 Help

Keyrite 2 Help Post Keyrite 2 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old April 24th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Blocked From MTU.Community

keyrite again

im getting fed up with keyrite saying ive already installed on two computers
cant mtu get it right
i have not got it on two pcs
there always problems with mtu installations eg your serial does not match
(ive seen it in other forums) please correct it AGAIN
Old April 24th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Try submitting a Support Ticket to get your account reset. You will get a faster response that way rather than here in the forums.

The real question is why are you having to re-install it so many times?
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:05 AM

keyrite again

why should i have to go through another route
to in stall a product ive paid for as for your question why i have to install so many times would having to format help you; bill gates does not ask me why i have to reinstall windows so many times
ive paid my money so i can install as many times i like but mtu think i should only use it a couple of times
perhaps they want more money off me
not a chance.where they get the idea from that ive installed on more than one pc is beyond me thank god not all software manufacters are like mtu
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Because that is the MTU method for this kind of problem. Everytime you re-install Windows the system identifier changes. MTU uses that id to tell it which computer and how many computers the program is installed on. So if you try to re-install more than once you have exceeded the 2 computer limit. MTU will then have to reset your registration to allow you to re-install again.

Just as an FYI Bill Gates does keep track of how many times you re-install Windows through their active verification program which runs everytime you update. And they have said that at some point in the future they were going to limit the number of installs and require you to call them to get a new install key.

You see this in the forums for the same reasons you have. Sometimes things happen to computers that require reloading. The 2 computer limit is MTU's way of protecting itself from those who would violate the license and install it on multiple computers or give the program to their friends for free, which is known as software piracy. Many a small company has gone out of business because they didn't get any revenue from their product due to piracy.
Old April 24th, 2007, 12:19 PM

keytite again

ive noted the contents of your reply
you do make some valid points
so what your saying is not can i only put it on more than one pc but i cant reinstall on the pc i made the purchase with
even ig i have to fdisk and format
in other words your on mtu side to make another purchase
well that aint going to happen
thankfully i have it on a norton ghost restore
this is a disgracful way to treat valid customers
one of the reasons people turn to piracy
mtu should develope a better way to safeguard their products
as for giving it to friends as you say if their ethernet dont match then it isnt the same pc it was purchased on then yes refuse to activate. i wait and see if mtu rectifies my registration thanks for your time
Old April 24th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Administrator

When you re-install Windows, if other items in your computer have changed, that breaks our security. That is your problem. Our software allows you to install it as many times every day, every week, every month, every year as you want to until your fingers are sore from typing. The IP address the order is placed from has nothing to do with our security. You are guessing, and way off base at that. We have many users who buy our software, and give it as a gift to others who don't know how to buy on-line.

As much as you want to blame MTU, we have MANY TENS OF THOUSANDS of users who never have a problem installing our software. I'm sorry you are frustrated, but your computer or your use of your computer is the cause of your problems, not MTU. There is not a professional software company in existence today that doesn't have security to protect their products. If we didn't have it, you wouldn't be visiting MTU.com because we'd be out of business. If you really hate us that much, don't use our software.

I have deleted one of you TWO Keyrite registration records for you so you can install Keyrite again. When I reviewed the database records, the security failure is NOT as a result of your ONLY re-installing Windows. There are significant hardware changes also between the two installations. I did NOT delete the RegRecord that is on the same computer with Microstudio 2.613. And I noted that you also have Microstudio 2.613 on a third different computer.

You are licensed to ONLY RUN one copy of our programs. The SECOND install that we allow is to permit you to upgrade your computer. However, you have chosen to install it on two computers. Thus, you are using your second install for your purposes, not the reason we provide it.

Later this week we are starting on another upgrade of our security to allow our programs to "fix themselves" for just the types of problems you are having. We have been working on the specification for this work for over 2 years. We want to make it as transparent as possible for all users.

In case you don't know, you can get a FREE Keyrite 2.012 upgrade if you ruin Keyrite, click the Help menu, then click the "Check for Updates" command. The web page that appears contains a DOWNLOAD button. Click it, save it to your computer, find it, double click it, and select UPDATE versus Install. You can read about the changes from your version at this page.
Old April 24th, 2007, 12:41 PM

keyrite again

well thanks for the reply
but may i stress i dont have keyrite on two computers
well not the same version anyhow
yes i have 2.63 on my laptop but it dont work with mu sony cd rom
i can only use it on my desktop
if i read your reply correctly
my keyrite as been reset is that correct?
ps you seem to think i said i hate your products dont know where you got that from i didnt say that. only you could make that up.if you look in the keyrite forum you will notice i praised keyrite
you never made a coment then you only make coments ehen people say things you dont approve of no matter how trivial.well any way im happy to leave things the way they are i dont want to get into
a battle of words its seems you have now fulfilled my wish to rectify my problem and i thank you for that cheers

Last edited by fuengirola; April 24th, 2007 at 12:52 PM.
Old April 24th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuengirola
"in other words your on mtu side to make another purchase well that aint going to happen"
I never once mentioned another purchase. All I said was to submit a support ticket (free) to get the registration reset so you could reinstall.
Closed Thread