MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 20th, 2009, 08:21 AM

"MP3+G Karaoke Files (*.mp3, + *.cdg)" Conversion Problem

Version 1.20

When Converting .KMA (ORIGINAL .KMA WAS CDCDG IMPORTED) to Mp3+G, Songverter adds a tick (Sound Spike) to the beginning of the MP3.

This happens when converting .BIN to MP3+G as well.

Fortunately, I found a way around this problem with OTHER Software...as usual.

For those who will be waiting eons for a fix, and, who need to convert a .KMA back to MP3+G to preserve the ARTIST and TITLE information, use Songverter to convert to .BIN, then use MP3+G Toolz to convert to MP3+G and further conversion to .ZIP, if necessary, for long term storage on a HD.

No telling how many hours I have wasted prior to finding this problem.

Last edited by gd123; April 20th, 2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old April 20th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

I find it very strange that you are the first and only person to have reported this when the program has been out for well over a month. I tested this and yes you are right it is there, but the level is so low that it should not cause any problems. I had to turn my volume all the way up just to barely hear it.
Do you really expect MTU to jump on such a minor problem instantaneously and especially since yours is the first report of this? I have no doubt MTU will look into this the next time they work on Songverter, but considering that this is a very minor and hardly noticable problem I doubt they will drop what they are doing to fix this at this time. However it certainly will not be eons as you suggest.
As a word of warning, it is not allowed to promote non-MTU programs in these forums.
Old April 21st, 2009, 08:12 AM
VIP

I cannot replicate this problem on my Vista PC.
I have converted several kma files to mp3g and they play perfectly.

Test Computer 1. Medion PC Win 10 Home
Name: MedionWin8-PC
Processor AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 Ghz
8Gb Ram 64bit OS
2. MEDION P7612 Windows 10 Home
Name Mike_P7612_17in
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM)4.00 GB
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/michael.pyne1
Old April 23rd, 2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
I have converted several kma files to mp3g and they play perfectly
Were your KMAs ORIGINALLY imported from CD...as in CDCDG? I stated I was converting:
Quote:
When Converting .KMA (ORIGINAL .KMA WAS CDCDG IMPORTED)

I wouldn't expect one to arrive at the same conclusion if one isn't following the same procedure.

Quote:
but considering that this is a very minor and hardly noticable problem I doubt they will drop what they are doing to fix this at this time
I went out to dinner the other night. Saw a big rat run across the kitchen floor. But, I figured, since only a little rat excrement may have been in my food, and, hardly noticeable, I enjoyed my meal.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 12:18 PM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd123 View Post
I went out to dinner the other night. Saw a big rat run across the kitchen floor. But, I figured, since only a little rat excrement may have been in my food, and, hardly noticeable, I enjoyed my meal.
However, the rest of the customers that didn't know or see the rat fully enjoyed their meal. They may have even liked the addition of the wild rice to their rice pilaf. And since the health department had only one complaint about this, it wasn't made a top priority like the food poisoning at the other restaurant that involved hundreds of people. Rest assured though, because when they get a free moment, they do in fact check out each and every possible health code violation. Some just have a higher priority based on the number of people affected.

I love analogies.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 06:24 PM
VIP

Quote:
Were your KMAs ORIGINALLY imported from CD...as in CDCDG? I stated I was converting:
I did say:
Quote:
I have converted several kma files to mp3g and they play perfectly
Further examination confirmed that the spike does exist - I was initially testing using headphones turned up as high as possible and did not hear it - and I was double clicking the song in Microstudio from the left column into the playlist which automatically triggers play. In that scenario there is no spike.
Once I played it using the normal controls and listened through my amplifier, it was apparent.
Clearly this is a bug that slipped under the radar and I have no doubt that it will be rectified asap - now that it has been brought to their attention.
Looks like you were the first one to find it.

Test Computer 1. Medion PC Win 10 Home
Name: MedionWin8-PC
Processor AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 Ghz
8Gb Ram 64bit OS
2. MEDION P7612 Windows 10 Home
Name Mike_P7612_17in
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM)4.00 GB
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/michael.pyne1
Old May 3rd, 2009, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Once I played it using the normal controls and listened through my amplifier, it was apparent.
Yes, thanks for the verification on a real sound system. Spike's quite noticeable at 800W.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

It has been reported and will be look at next time they work on Songverter. That is all that can be done right now. There is no way for us (users) to fix it or get around it at this point in time.