MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old December 19th, 2008, 01:18 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post
I made that label for my mixer & put it on the +48 phantom power button. We accidently pushed it once & it made a horrendous noise, so it was labeled the suck button. People asked why I just told them because it would suck if you pushed it.
Here is the cartoon pic though.
LOL - That was exactly the cartoon I was thinking of. Thanks

Sam
Old December 22nd, 2008, 01:38 PM

Voice Enchancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindonstrike View Post
I'm sorry you misunderstood my post.The short interpretation should have been that no matter how bad he was, I would never ever tell him that he couldn't sing, primarily because of his service to our country.

"bang bang" was his euphemism for gunfire and explosions. His way of explaining his deafness .

Sam
Thanks for explaining, I am a veteran, and play many Military Post and Military clubs. I just thank the powers to be that so many came back and are able to participate, while thanking the ones who did not come back. I knew the "Bang Bang" lingo, just thought it was in bad taste. I also understand the agony on bad singers, but some have earned the right to sing bad.
Thanks for listening
Muzicman
Old December 22nd, 2008, 06:45 PM
VIP

Quote:
No no, they got caught lip syncing, they never actually sang a note on their records or live - which is when they got caught, singing on stage & the cd skipped!
You know, I saw them on stage once, and they really seemed to do a good job. You know, there talking in between sounded exactly like their singing voices, etc.

Old December 23rd, 2008, 05:19 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
You know, I saw them on stage once, and they really seemed to do a good job. You know, there talking in between sounded exactly like their singing voices, etc.
Do a search on it, it was the biggest 'scandal' in the music awards since they got their grammy for the album. It wasn't until afterward the industry found out they didn't actually sing on the album or even write it - when they were forced to give back their grammy awards.
It was a studio project but the singers were not of 'star' looks - overweight (in the 80's that was a big thing) so the 2 that were chosen eventually did all the performing live. Funny thing is they both could actually sing, they were just not allowed to!

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:22 AM
VIP

Quote:
Do a search on it, it was the biggest 'scandal' in the music awards since they got their grammy for the album. It wasn't until afterward the industry found out they didn't actually sing on the album or even write it - when they were forced to give back their grammy awards.
It was a studio project but the singers were not of 'star' looks - overweight (in the 80's that was a big thing) so the 2 that were chosen eventually did all the performing live. Funny thing is they both could actually sing, they were just not allowed to!
I do remember reading all about it. I remember at the time thinking that someone was out to get them or something as what I saw seemed so authentic at their concert.

Old September 20th, 2009, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
i had one about 7 years ago before we all went digital,( i was using a mini disc back then ) it was made by A.R.E. it was a table top type gear not a rack mount , cost me almost $700, the only bad thing about it was its only good for 1 mic,and this was a very excellent gear, you can sound like from michael jackson to darth vader, eagles to a church choir..has a pitch correction etc.i had to trade it in for a mackie vlz

Billyo, I would be interested in something like that...even if it were just for fun. Do you have any more info on it cause I can't seem to find anything on the web about A.R.E.

Thanks
Old September 20th, 2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnkarl View Post
Billyo, I would be interested in something like that...even if it were just for fun. Do you have any more info on it cause I can't seem to find anything on the web about A.R.E.

Thanks

i'll see if i still have the manual, that was a while back and i wished i have never traded it, caused that was a very nice gear to have..and also it's not really an auto. enhancer you have to kinda set it manually to look for voice effects you wanted..i might be wrong on the manufacturers name, if not A.R.E. try D.O.D ( can't tell you the meaning of ) i think Lexicon has one too, so you might wanna try seaching the web for "voice enhancer"

Last edited by billyo; September 20th, 2009 at 09:07 AM.