MTU.Community


Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 1st, 2011, 02:38 AM
EmilioM EmilioM is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ocean Springs, MS
Posts: 187
Red Light and Volume Control

On the 4th or 5th step it tells you to lower the volume so that it won't light up the red light on the volume slide on the right side. Is there any way the red could change colors to blue or something different, because it's very hard to see and make out if it lights up or not.

JRMerc
Memories & More
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old February 17th, 2011, 01:17 AM
ddouglass ddouglass is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ace, TX (5 miles past Nowhere)
Posts: 9,395
Re: Red Light and Volume Control

Emilio, if you want something changed please post in New Features for the program.
__________________
Dale Douglass
2nd Generation Karaoke
I am not a member of the MTU Staff.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old February 17th, 2011, 10:00 AM
EmilioM EmilioM is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ocean Springs, MS
Posts: 187
Re: Red Light and Volume Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Emilio, if you want something changed please post in New Features for the program.
Yeah, sorry about that.

JRMerc
Memories & More
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old February 17th, 2011, 06:56 PM
MikeP MikeP is offline
VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Gippsland Lakes, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 2,997
Re: Red Light and Volume Control

Emilio, do you know whether you are colour blind?? It is fairly common for males to have this condition. I sail with a guy who cannot differentiate between red and green
The existing colour scheme conforms with the industry norms.
The only alternative I can think of would be to allow you to customize the color schem to suit your own needs/preferences. Not sure how difficult that would be to facilitate...............
__________________
MikeP

Test Computer 1. Medion PC Win 10 Home
Name: MedionWin8-PC
Processor AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 Ghz
8Gb Ram 64bit OS
2. MEDION P7612 Windows 10 Home
Name Mike_P7612_17in
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM)4.00 GB
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/michael.pyne1
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old February 18th, 2011, 12:58 AM
EmilioM EmilioM is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ocean Springs, MS
Posts: 187
Re: Red Light and Volume Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
Emilio, do you know whether you are colour blind?? It is fairly common for males to have this condition. I sail with a guy who cannot differentiate between red and green
The existing colour scheme conforms with the industry norms.
The only alternative I can think of would be to allow you to customize the color schem to suit your own needs/preferences. Not sure how difficult that would be to facilitate...............
Mike, actually I am not color blind. I do see it changing, but it's hard to see. The difference between the red not lighting up, and lighting up, is very small. Check it out for yourself. It's like the 4th or 5th step on Vogone, where it tells you to bring the volume down until the red stops turning on. I can see it mostly, but since it's only one block, it's hard to tell.
JRMerc
Memories & More
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old February 18th, 2011, 02:50 AM
MikeP MikeP is offline
VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Gippsland Lakes, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 2,997
Re: Red Light and Volume Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilioM View Post
Mike, actually I am not color blind. I do see it changing, but it's hard to see. The difference between the red not lighting up, and lighting up, is very small. Check it out for yourself. It's like the 4th or 5th step on Vogone, where it tells you to bring the volume down until the red stops turning on. I can see it mostly, but since it's only one block, it's hard to tell.
JRMerc
Memories & More
Emilio, the best response I can think of is to explain how I deal with setting the volume and trying to avoid having the gain set so high that I get distortion. Basically I select the loudest part of the track and ensure that it does not go into the red. I find it quite easy to see if it's in the red - there is a distict change in color between being in the yellow and going into the red. If you don't see that perhaps you just need to push the volume up higher until you do see it (& possibly hear the distortion).
The other method I use is not to look at all - just listen and ensure their is no distortion - however that method will not be helpful for you I don't think.
__________________
MikeP

Test Computer 1. Medion PC Win 10 Home
Name: MedionWin8-PC
Processor AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 Ghz
8Gb Ram 64bit OS
2. MEDION P7612 Windows 10 Home
Name Mike_P7612_17in
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM)4.00 GB
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/michael.pyne1
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:54 AM
EmilioM EmilioM is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ocean Springs, MS
Posts: 187
Re: Red Light and Volume Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
Emilio, the best response I can think of is to explain how I deal with setting the volume and trying to avoid having the gain set so high that I get distortion. Basically I select the loudest part of the track and ensure that it does not go into the red. I find it quite easy to see if it's in the red - there is a distict change in color between being in the yellow and going into the red. If you don't see that perhaps you just need to push the volume up higher until you do see it (& possibly hear the distortion).
The other method I use is not to look at all - just listen and ensure their is no distortion - however that method will not be helpful for you I don't think.
Actually, that's how I've been doing it, by listening. The red light is for reference. I put it up to the top of yellow, and that's where I have trouble seeing if the red glows or not. I do see it but it's subtle. Then I bring it down and listen for any distortion.
JRMerc
Memories & More
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2009 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
The contents of this forum are copyrighted by Micro Technology Unlimited, 2000-2008. Use of any material from these Forums is prohibited without written agreement from MTU.