MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old August 4th, 2020, 05:14 PM

Problems In Win 10 Printing and BackupRestore

I have two questions related to Hoster. As I indicated before, I had a frozen HD on my main Hoster laptop computer so I had a SSD installed and they would only install a Window 10, rather than what I had, which was a Window 7.

I still have a backup Hoster laptop with Windows 7 and I’m I trying to learn how to recreate on my Win 10 what I am able to do on Win 7 using Hoster.

My first problem is I don’t think I have a Word Program installed in Win 10, which prevents me from being able to create any Song Books that have two columns. Therefore I cannot print two column song books, but I can however, print a Singers List. My backup Win 7 Hoster does allow me to create and print two column Song Books, as well as, Singers Lists.

So, what do I have to do to be able to create and print two column Song Books in Win 10? I don’t want the MS 365 Office, just a way to create and print using Hoster.

My second problem is related to Backup and Restore. I went into my Win 7 backup Hoster Laptop and deleted lots of unused playlists that were not needed. Then I created a backup and copied the backup to a USB and then used it to restore Hoster on the Win 10, thinking it would be the same as the Backup from the Win 7, but the Win 10 still had the playlists I had deleted from the Win 7.

I guess I’m not up on how the Backup Restore function works when going from one Hoster to another. What did I do wrong?

Thanks for any help or suggestions you have on either or both questions,
Wes

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.
Old August 5th, 2020, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Problems In Win 10 Printing and BackupRestore

You can use a free suite of programs OpenOffice. The link is displayed in the Songbook dialog from the Select Viewer Button, the link is at the bottom of that dialog.

If you do install the software you will have to set the path to it in the select viewer dialog using the brows button.
The default path to follow is : C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenOffice 4/program/swriter.exe.

Other than that you can still buy earlier versions of Microsoft Office as single installs for 1 off payments by searching google.

Your backup restore problem, the only thing I can think of is to delete the Hoster Data folder first then start the Hoster backup/Restore program.
The Hoster Data Folder is in a hidden folder: C:/ProgramData/mtu.com You could just rename the Hoster folder to HosterBKUP instead of deleting it just in case something goes wrong then could name it back to its original name.

Instead of starting Hoster to start the Restore program start it from:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Micro Technology Unlimited/Hoster/HosterBackup.exe

Just click on the HosterBackup.exe file.

Note I had to use forward slashes in the above paths as back slashes cause problems in these posts.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; August 5th, 2020 at 05:23 PM.
Old August 5th, 2020, 06:55 PM

Smile Re: Problems In Win 10 Printing and BackupRestore

THANKS ROY!

I knew you would be there, you always are.

I had tried to use the OpenOffice, but I could not get it to download. I will try again, and if it does not work, I will try one of the MS Office programs.

I will let you know how the Office, and the Restore work out.

Thanks again for being there when you are needed.

Wes

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.
Old August 6th, 2020, 08:11 AM
VIP

I had the same problem when using backup/restore. It wouldn\\\'t duplicate that playlist as I wanted them to. What I started doing is opening File manager, find the Programdata folder, scroll down to the mtu folder. There you will find the Hoster folder. I delete that folder and copy the folder from the computer I am trying to duplicate. Be careful if you choose to do it this way. The result will be identical playlist, ect. Note: the programdata folder is hidden by default. If you don\\\'t find this folder you have to go to control panel and set the folders not to be hidden.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old August 6th, 2020, 04:02 PM

Smile Re: Problems In Win 10 Printing and BackupRestore

Roy and WaltR,

Thanks to both of you for your advice, I was able to correct both of my problems and and I believe Hoster is now working as it should.

I finally was able to download Open Office and it looks like it does what it needs to do. I was able to create and then print a Songbook using Open Office. Roy, I am sure glad you gave me the path for the Open Office, or I would have been lost.

I also was able to recreate the Hoster Data Folder on my Win 10, and I believe it is the same as my Win 7. Hoster seems to be working the same for both the Win 7 and Win 10.

I had to unhide the Program Data folders and then I changed the Hoster Folder to HosterBkUp, and created another Hoster Folder, as Roy suggested, just in case. I changed the next step because I was confused by the create date on the Program Files Micro Technology Unlimited HosterBackup.exe it was 10-29-2019. In stead, I did what WaltR suggested and made a copy of my Win 7 Hoster Folder onto a USB and then copied it to the new Hoster Folder at Program Data mtu, and the folders are now the same.

While I did not change any information on Program Files, I checked the information at the Program Files Micro Technology Unlimited for Win 7 and and the information is the same as Win 10, including the date for the Hoster Backup.exe. I sure hope I did not screw-up when I deviated from the information Roy gave me.

Finally, thanks to both of you for taking the time to help those of us who need help from time to time.

Old August 6th, 2020, 04:07 PM
VIP

Sounds like you are good to go!

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old August 6th, 2020, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to hear all is working as exspected now.
I will close this thread as problem solved
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Closed Thread