MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 2nd, 2004, 11:29 AM

Unhappy can't get lyrics to show in KHPRO4.103

Hello everyone! I was playing around with my KHPRO program last evening practicing on placing the lyrics. Now today I have opened my program and cannot get the lyrics to show up in the place lyrics screen. I have uninstalled KHPRO and reinstalled the program to no avail. Lyrics still not showing up. Thought I read where someone else was having the same problem but I can't find that thread now.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks,
Patsy
Old January 4th, 2004, 10:31 AM

I figured it out!!!!!!

I DID IT!!!!! Guess what?! In windows XP PRO it will not let me use KHPRO unless I am in 256 resolution. Go figure. If I change to the 16 bit like suggested it will not let the lyrics show up in the "Place Lyrics" screen. It has taken me almost 3 days to figure out this little glitch. Oh well, definitely worth it. Now I am a happy camper!
Patsy
Old January 4th, 2004, 11:10 AM

Thumbs up Let's see if we can make you happier!

Patsy,

I am happy you are a happy camper running at 256 resolution; however, there appear to be something wrong with your configuration. KHPro works perfectly at 16 and 32 bit

Which graphics card are you using? How about telling us a bit about your computer configuration?

Once we help you solve your current problems, you will be a happier camper.

Regards,

Jon
Old January 4th, 2004, 11:48 AM

ah...finally someone trying to help me with this glitch....I posted previously regarding not being able to see the lyrics in that screen but no one responded to help me. So I adjusted and did what I could possibly do on my own...but then again it still is part of the holiday season and people have better things to do than sit with me on a puter! LOL. Here is some info on my puter.
It is a HP 7940 with an Intel Pentium III processor..996 MHZ with 512 mb RAM(just upgraded this) Intel(r)82810E Graphics Controller. Anything else you need to know?
Thanks for your help it is really appreciated.
Patsy
Old January 4th, 2004, 01:17 PM

Patsy,

Let's take one step at a time. The first thing we must do here, if you have not done so yet, would be to upgrade your 82810E Graphics Controller driver to the latest version. You can downloaded from here. After you install the new drivers, try it again at 16 bits and see what happens.

There are other things we can try, upgrading the driver is the first.

Good luck,

Jon
Old January 4th, 2004, 04:17 PM

upgraded drivers

Jon:
I updated my drivers and KHPRO now works in 16 bit. Any other goodies for me? LOL
Thank you so much,
Patsy
Old January 4th, 2004, 04:49 PM

Talking Happy we got you those extra bits.

Patsy,

Won't you agree 16 bits is better that 256 colors?

Well 16 bits is quite good, by far more than you’ll ever need for karaoke at today’s resolutions.

As far as running at 32 bit, there is a yes and there is a no.

I'd recommend that you’d stay at 16 bits. The guilty party here is your integrated graphics adapter which comes with 11MB of shared memory which, unfortunately, is not upgradeable.

The amount of memory on your integrated graphics will allow you to use 16 bits at the following resolutions:

800x600 & 1024x768

1280 x 1024 will allow only 256 colors, AND

640x480 will allow you to run at 32 bits.

That’s it. Meanwhile, enjoy your karaoke and remember, we are here to help any way we can.

Best regards,

Jon
Old January 4th, 2004, 05:18 PM

Great at 16 bits

Jon:
I thoroughly agree with you that it is far better in 16 bit. It might be my imagination, but I do believe that it is easier to place the lyrics now. The letters seem to be a lot clearer also. Thank you again for all the info. This has not fallen on deaf ears. I take everything that I am taught to heart and make myself notes so that I can refer to them.
Patsy
Old January 4th, 2004, 05:27 PM

Patsy,

Than you for your kind words. It makes helping others easy. individuals like you gives the desire to keep helping as much as we can.

I am just another customer of MTU products. It's a great company and a whole bunch of us help with the forums.

Best regards and good luck,

Jon