MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 1st, 2003, 09:10 PM

editing an existing cd+g

Is there any way that I can re-edit a cd+g I made with KPro?
I did not save it in .kpr..just have the finished CD+G. How can I get it back into KPro without having to do the song all over again?
Old October 1st, 2003, 10:40 PM

Slydways'

In my opinion, I dont think you can’t edit a finished CD+G, I’m afraid you may have to start all over again.

Good luck,

Jon
Old October 2nd, 2003, 01:04 AM

Depends on what you want to edit.

You can open a finished CDG from the hard drive into Keyrite and change the key before burning it to a cdr, but beyond that, Jon is absolutely correct.

George
Old October 2nd, 2003, 12:53 PM

Depends on what you want to edit II

I know this question is dealing with KPRO efforts which have been saved as cdg. (Presumably the KPRO project is not saved for further work)

However, for people's information, there are still another two other ways that one can edit cdg files. (Especially name brand cdgs)

I have been able to paste a Starting Tone to a name brand cdg where the voice needs to start the song a cappella (no accompaniment)

I have been able to paste short, silent, cdg files to existing files in order to remedy a clipping situation.

It involves programs like what someone sent me called "Split" or something like that. (More info available pm)
Old October 2nd, 2003, 03:07 PM
Administrator

KPro 5.0 allows saving and opening projects for editing

First, it is not possible to edit the lyrics within a finished CDG file, including one imported from a Karaoke CDG disc.

We have been working all year on KPro 5.0. This allows you to save and open project files, and edit the lyrics and placement to the music to re-export a new edited version. You can change just about anything, including change fonts, point size, colors, even insert, split and join lines or words.

I know... you want to know when will it release! I expect to see KPro 5.018 release in one hour! I'm hoping it is a final release candidate. We have gone through 18 test versions this year and its about time to giver birth to this baby!

Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer for us.

There will be an upgrade cost to version 5.018. From 4.008, it is expected to be $19.95. From prior versions it will be $59.95. For new purchases it will be somewhere between $99 and $149... TBA.

Make sure we have your current email address in our database so you will recieve the notice with your discount coupon.
Old October 2nd, 2003, 08:53 PM

Thanks all