MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old March 27th, 2001, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Angry

Sony has changed their current IDE CDR drive, but sell it under the CRX140 name. The firmware program stored in the drive has changed and Microstudio does not recognize it as a CDG capable drive.

In Windows Device Manager, this drive appears SONY CRX0811 firmware MYS2. Sony says this drive is the same as the CRX140E/CH2 with Burn Proof technology. However, it is NOT the same drive, and Microstudio does not recognize the drive at all.

Old January 5th, 2002, 05:14 PM

Sony CRX140E CDR Drivers Really 190 Series

I have the Sony CRX140E CDR. I downloaded the free trial software and my CD+G played perfectly.
I read in the forum that the 140E is listed as another driver in the Device Manager Tab. Mine is listed as itself.
Would the 140E be able to read the CDG if it didn't have the proper driver for the trial software. And if the trial works shouldn't the purchased version work also?

Also from reading other material in the forum, am I to understand that a CDG copy can not be read in a Karaoke CDG player? Would there be software available to allow CDG players to read the copy made from the computer?

Thank You for Helping, Angelina