MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Testimonials

Vogone Testimonials Do you like Vogone?

Old May 4th, 2006, 01:59 PM

Vogone 3.004 Upgrade - Two Thumbs Up!

My $40 was well spent. I got my upgrade last night and went to work on a few "mic drown-out" tracks created with the previous version. I had good success at reducing the vocals even further on several. (Ever try Gary Lewis and the Playboys?) I have my work cut out for me now, going back on the troublesome tracks and running them through the new version. But the new off-center panning adjustment will save me hours in the future, not having to try hit-and-miss rebalancing in a third-party audio wave editor. I still got improved vocal removal with Vogone 3.004 over the results from my rebalanced wave files.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 10:55 AM

I too, played with the new Vogone [3.004] last night. I was impressed with the results. I was too impressed. In reducing "Young Lust" by Pink Floyd, the vocals were almost completely gone. I panned left a touch to leave in some of the effects.
I say too well, because at no pan, the instrument solos were completely gone as well. I had hoped this version would have markers to mark off the sections we didn't want touched.
Anyway, I took the reduced version and the untouched version into Cakewalk and spliced together a version that had the reduced vocals and unreduced solos. Turned out really well! I just wish I didn't have to go through this extra step.
Old July 25th, 2006, 11:05 AM

Thumbs up

I just used Vogone 3.004 on my "Best of Gerry and the Pacemakers" CD. Since this is a collection from various albums, the mixes are... well, mixed. On two of the tracks I had the Vogone balance adjustment halfway across the scale from center position. But the vocals were totally eliminated!
Old July 25th, 2006, 11:29 AM

Thank you!

Thank you both for the GREAT feedback! It is truly appreciated.

DougC
Old September 26th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Administrator

If you have ordered Vogone 3.x in the past 12 months, your download links will deliver the latest 3.101. The changes we made in 3.100 make the resulting files much better than before. Please download it and save it to CDROM so you have it.

I am sure you will want to use it instead of 3.004.
Old November 12th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orzelw View Post
On two of the tracks I had the Vogone balance adjustment halfway across the scale from center position. But the vocals were totally eliminated!
Please... post here the name of these two songs. We'd love to have a good "non-center-panned" example on our new audio demo page.
Old November 13th, 2006, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Please... post here the name of these two songs. We'd love to have a good "non-center-panned" example on our new audio demo page.
Certainly. The album was The Best of Gerry and the Pacemakers, # COL-5629 or S21-18266, on the Collectables label. The tracks were How Do You Do It? and I Like It.
Old November 14th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orzelw View Post
Certainly. The album was The Best of Gerry and the Pacemakers, # COL-5629 or S21-18266, on the Collectables label. The tracks were How Do You Do It? and I Like It.
Great! We'll order it today. We appreciate your feedback as we have been looking for some good non center-panned songs.