MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 21st, 2001, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Red face Problems with Windows XP and 2000 rebooting

To make Microstudio run properly on Windows XP, Click here and follow the instructions to get running.

The fix requires first installing the FULL version (not the demo) of Microstudio 2.312. Anyone who reports they have a problem to MTUSUPPORT will be sent a free download link to get 2.312 from our web site.

Any details you can provide us are appreciated and will help us solve this faster. The problem appears to be related to two conditions:

1. The computer was upgraded from Win 98 or ME to 2000 or XP. This installs the 2000 or XP operating system in the WINDOWS directory instead of the WINNT directory. Then, because we followed Microsofts' recommendations, our installation program doesn't find the REGISTRY!

2. Your hard drive may be formatted with NTFS instead of FAT32 file system.

If either of these apply to your computer, please let SUPPORT know that through this Forum.
Old December 21st, 2001, 09:05 PM

Thanks for the tip. I followed the instructions given. Now, when I launch Microstudio(2314).exe file my system doesn't reboot, but nothing launches. I installed from the Microstudio 2312 Demo that I downloaded, I do not have the 2312 full blown version. Could this be the reason I still can't get 2314 to run?

Also, I don't appear to have either of the conditions you described. Both my hard drives are FAT32 and my system came with Window 2000, so the operating system is installed in the WINNT directory.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks.
Old December 24th, 2001, 10:35 AM

Danny,
I will send you the full version of Microstudio 2.312, the demo will not do for this problem.
Old January 5th, 2002, 12:04 AM

Smile Workaround works fine - Thanks

I too tried the workaround with the Demo, not having 2.312 since I just bought 2.314 last week. Can you send 2.312 to me too? Will my same S/N and e-mail address work with the 2.312 version? [Admin note;] Yes, your 2.314 serial number will install 2.312.

I have a dual booting machine, with Win98 on my C: (FAT32) drive for a few games and Win2000 SP2 on my F: (NTFS) drive for real stuff. So I do have a registry in c:\Windows, but it isn't the right one which would be in F:\WINNT. The Demo version did work.

Positive note: 2.314 does run on booted up to Win98 (thanks to my reading this forum before buying a burner, choosing Plextor), and is exactly the software I wanted to back up my expensive Karaoke CDs.

Looking forward to getting it running on Win2000!

[edited] I got the previous version installed and then ran the 2.314 .exe - and it is working fine. Thanks much!

Last edited by tlwisner; January 7th, 2002 at 08:26 PM.
Old January 5th, 2002, 09:36 PM

Unhappy Re: Need V2.312 for workaround

Please send 2.312.

BTW: If the fix requires 2.312, why isn't it more readily available?

Old January 9th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Administrator

2.312 availability

If you think about it, we can't make it a freely and openly available download. Given the very few who experience this problem it does not make sense to bundle 2.312 in with the 2.314 - which is already 5.1MB to download.

Anyone who reports the problem to MTUSUPPORT is sent a free download link to get it from our web site.

All our programmers are getting our new Hoster software ready to demonstrate at the Karaoke Singer/Mobile Beat show in Las Vegas Feb 19-21. We expect to work on this XP fix immediately after that.

While this is happening, MTUSUPPORT is collecting as much as we can about this XP problem. The more details we know about each user's problem, the closer we are to a solution as soon as our programmers are free again. Any details you can post are appreciated.
Old January 19th, 2002, 05:20 PM

I am having the reboot problem on Win 2K.
Old January 20th, 2002, 09:34 AM

I found that disabling my sound card, Microstudio will now load. I replace the Creative Audigy card with a soundblaster 512, the symptom disappeared. By the way CDRWIN has the same problem.
However, at this time I cannot get any video when I play a CD+G cd with Microstudio.
Old January 21st, 2002, 04:43 PM

Which Sound Blaster Audigy board is it that you have installed, Value, Platinum or Platinum EX? This could be the key to the problem that we have not been able to diagnose.
Old January 21st, 2002, 06:11 PM

Brian, Platinum EX. I have also noticed, at least on my system Win2k I have not been able to redistribute the interrupts. All of the adapters cards share the same interrupt. his problem acts like a sharing problem.
Mel
Old January 29th, 2002, 06:54 PM

windows xp and microstudio

I tried the fix for installing microstudio with xp, but to no avail.

The system is an HP Pavillion 7935, which comes pre-loaded with xp. According to HP, the motherboard was made specifically for HP, and intended for xp. Apparently, xp contains some of the basic drivers for the various hardware components, like the onboard sound and onboard video. This might make this glitch particularly sticky.

When I tried to install the aspi!.exe file, I get this message:

"aspi!. exe is not a valid Win32 application" ... after which I'm unable to go any farther.

Another note: I believe the hard drive is formatted with NTFS instead of FAT32 file system.

I hope to get this worked out, as I use this program a lot. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by funkbro; January 30th, 2002 at 02:33 AM.
Old January 30th, 2002, 03:02 PM

If you are getting the error that says that the "aspi!. exe is not a valid Win32 application" this could be a virus or you have some firewall installed on your computer that is changing the name of the file from .exe to something else. Please make sure that this is what is showing, and then it should beable to run.
Old April 9th, 2002, 11:40 PM

problems with windows XP rebooting

I have the 2.135 version and the program just will not install. The shortcut icon comes up on the desktop and it appears in the program files with the other programs ( karaoke
pro,keywrite,vogone) but only as a 1.26MB file with half that being the manual.
After reading your post I realize I do have the NTFS file system. Maybe that is the problem. I don't know. I did get a response from Bryan Cox at MTU and he gave the standard fix which of course did not work. I e-mailed him back with more details and a DXDIAG report yesterday but did not mention the NTFS system as I did not know then it was a problem. As of this evening I haven't heard back from Support.
Will let the help desk know I havethe NTFS system and maybe they can get it fixed.
Old April 18th, 2002, 08:01 PM

Have same problem as Danny. Can you send me the version to stace@clearsource.net

Thanks
Old April 20th, 2002, 08:26 PM

Re: problems with windows XP rebooting

I cannot even install the 2.315...I have Windows XP on a Gateway and after a 2 hour download I tried to install and it got half way thru Windows Installer and came up with Error Message 1628???? I then deleted that painful download and tried to just open it from the site and the same exact thing happened.
Can you please e-mail me whatever "fix" everyone is chatting about. joni314@aol.com. thank you
Old July 19th, 2002, 04:35 PM

I am having a similar problem. I can get microstudio to work but I cant get it to play properly. it will copy disks, no problem, and will copy on to the harddrive. But when I try to play tracks whether direct from cd or from harddrive, I get a stutter about 5 to 10 seconds into track. Graphics appear. but dosn't seem to get through the first screen.
I am using XP pro with creative audigy card. I have the 2.315 version of Microstudio.
I have upgraded the aspi drivers also to no avail.
My belief is that it has to do with the audigy card, but I don't what to do about it.
I have ran the same program sucessfully on another computer that is Identical to mine except he has a sound blaster live card and it works perfectly.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Oh yes I can take a file a have copied transfer to the other computer and it works. So I know it is writing fine,Just not reading properly.
Thanks.
Old August 6th, 2002, 09:58 PM

Microstudio V2.314

Somebody might have already asked this but i'm going to ask anyway. I just got V2.314. When I try to install it the only thing that happens is that the setup shuts down after I enter the serial number. How do I get this thing to work?
Old August 7th, 2002, 01:46 PM

The setup is different. You must type in your email and serial number exactly as they appear. The serial numbers are always all capital letters with all the 0's as the number ZERO and email most likely is all lowercase.
Old September 28th, 2002, 07:39 PM

I have the problem of the reboot on my machine running XP. My os was upgraded from win98 the hard drive is formatted in fat32. I am trying to use the 2314 version of the software do I need the earlier version to get my program to run properly ?
How do I go about getting the earlier version please help.
Old September 30th, 2002, 04:52 PM

Tlocket,
Try doing a search on your computer for the file wnaspint.dll and then delete this file. It should be located in the c:\Windows\System32 directory. Let me know if this mak,es any difference.