MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 1st, 2002, 08:39 AM

Thanx for your early repy I have done as you advised and the program now loads but without cd writer s being found I have a plextor16/10 that was recognised under win98. Is there a new driver or aspi file I need ?
Old October 1st, 2002, 02:28 PM

Here is the Link to the ASPI drivers. They are located in the Microstudio Tech Support forum. http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthr...p?threadid=493
Old October 8th, 2002, 02:54 AM

Please fix demo.

Hello!

I'm very interested in your program; however, the demo won't run under WinXP Pro. Could you please fix the demo so that it will run properly under WinXP Pro?

I'd really like to see if this will meet my needs before plopping down the cash.

Thanks!

Matthew
Old October 8th, 2002, 10:04 AM

Can you tell me what the program is doing? The demo will run under XP Pro. If you are having the reboot problem, then you can fix this for XP at: http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthr...p?threadid=928

Let me know if this works for you.
Old October 8th, 2002, 10:50 AM

Problems under XP

The problem that I'm having is that I'm unable to see any cd drives.

My system is a bit complex. I have my hard drives on an UltraWide Scsi chain (10 drives or so) and on the IDE chain I have a DVD/CDROM Drive and a DVD-RW/CD-RW Drive.

I don't have any problems burning CD or DVD disks, nor do I have problems with extracting audio in digital form from either drive when using other tools (Nero, and other tools)

I can't get the program to see either of my drives. The box just comes up empty. I also can't extract audio tracks using your tool, again, the tool doesn't see either disk.

I've seen problems like this before, mostly it was due to drivers not being able to deal with the IDE and SCSI components; however, I haven't seen this problem in a long time, and that was last with the EZ-CD Creator software by Roxio, and part of the reason I switch to using Nero.

Is there a way to tell which build verion the demo is based off of?

Please let me know what additional information I can send you to help debug my problem.

Thanks!

Matthew
Old October 8th, 2002, 12:23 PM

Mathew,
This is due to the ASPI drivers. Here is the location of the ASPI drivers that are needed for the drives to be show under Micrsotudio.

Download this file: http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/microstu...idrivers16.exe

You will need your Microstudio Email and serial number to install this program.

Then go into Microstudio, click on the Drives menu at the top. Click on ASPI drivers. Make sure this is set to USE the MTU Installed Driver. Then close Microstudio and Reopen it. This will then fix your problem.
Old October 8th, 2002, 12:55 PM

The drivers are a problem

I have not yet purchased your product, I'm just trying to get the demo to run before purchasing it.

It sounds like in order to see if your product will work, I need to purchase the product?

Sort of defeats the purpose of a demo, eh? Seriously though, if you can get someone to fix the demo so that it will work that would be greatly appreciated.

Matt
Old October 8th, 2002, 02:10 PM

Email me at support@mtu.com and I can send you the driver that you need by Email.

What operating system do you have also?