MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 30th, 2017, 11:26 PM

Songs stutter / lag

Hi

Songs already playing stutters / lag when i use the search ??? for another song
Has anyone else experienced this as well ??

I use Hoster version 5.50.05

on a HP Notebook with Win 10

i have done all necessary changes etc
Old October 31st, 2017, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Songs stutter / lag

Has this only started after Windows update ?

Does your Notebook have Nvidea or AMD graphics cards or switchable graphics ?
If so try turning of the accelerated graphics off.

If it has only started since a Windows update it could be you need to update the graphics driver from either AMD or Nvidea direct.

Other things you can check.
In the Tools/Settings/Generals tab, make sure the box is ticked for (Use MTU Hoster power scheme ).

Under the Tempo tab if you are running in tempo mode try switching to normal see if that makes any difference.

If that helps but you want to run in tempo mode try altering the settings in the audio tab, raise the prevent audio from its default 10 to 20 and play around with the 2 boxes below that to give priority to either audio or graphics.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old October 31st, 2017, 11:17 PM

Hi Roy

It actually improved once i did updates and changed power scheme

i also uninstalled McAfee and any other not necessary programs

i also changed audio in settings from 10 to 20

haven\'t touched tempo don\'t want to either

not looked at graphics card ?? lyrics text displays fine on 2nd monitor i only have issues with sound and it\'s only when i use search i get a lag/ stutter for 2-3 seconds ??
Old November 1st, 2017, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

The size of your database can affect the search, basically the larger your database the higher spec computer you need.

Here are our recommendations on the Specs page for Hoster.

MTU Recommends using Intel I7 (BEST - Any Amount of Songs), I5 (BETTER - Up to 200k Songs) or I3 (OK - Up to 20k Songs) processor for your Professional Audio setup! Any other processors can cause Audio glitch or distort when running your show

I recently updated one of my computers to the latest Windows Creators version and my AMD Radeon would no longer bring up the catalyst control centre which controls the AMD graphics, I had to go to the AMD Radeon website and there was an updated driver specifically released since that windows update.
Although I was not experiencing any problems running Hoster without the newer driver. Worth checking for updated drivers both audio and graphics.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old November 1st, 2017, 08:51 PM

Hi Roy

Since i only use 15k of songs and a Brand New Note Book i don\'t think that\'s the issue.

I will look at Graphic Card settings

I use a Yamaha USB Mixer with it\'s own Driver i already have another setup exactly the same and NO issues ...... i have tried to mirror the 2 it\'s Odd