MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 28th, 2003, 06:49 PM

sticking letters

I sent a prior distress message! I have since solved that problem. Now I seem to have another one I am using the duplication mode in Microstudio 2.4. I can duplicate my cdg's and they will play in my player. The problem is at least once in every song I'm getting letters that stick on the screen even after they have been past by. Otherwise my copies are near perfect. What is the problem and how do I fix it? I have cleaned my cdg's. I've cleaned the burner and the player. I checked the write speed.It's at auto select. I'm at a loss. HELP!
Old May 28th, 2003, 08:05 PM

This is characteristic of inferior media. Try using the media that MTU sells, and see if that cures it.

George
Old May 29th, 2003, 11:18 AM

Also try to slow down the read and write speed. This has worked for me in the past with some "not so great" cdr's. Just like George, I prefer higher grade CDR's (Mitsui Silver) to solve the problem. They may cost a little more, but are worth it.
Old May 29th, 2003, 11:41 AM

Thanks Jimbo,

I forgot about slowing the speed down with some media. I've gotten so much in the habit of burning at 48X with clean copies using Mitsui silver that I overlooked that.

George
Old May 29th, 2003, 01:02 PM

Share The Dirt

Angellskiss

What media were you using to burn your cds??

I use either Memorex or Maxell, whichever has some rebate special going. They work fine for me.

The only brand that has given me troubles is the Store Brand that FRY'S uses. They are always on a great special deal but they just don't come through for me. Whenever I buy a bunch of them just to see if FRY's has cleaned up their act, I usually end up using them for DATA only. I trust them that far!!

Last edited by jahern; May 29th, 2003 at 02:35 PM.
Old May 29th, 2003, 02:34 PM

Angellskiss,
Also what CD-R drive are you using? Some drives would do this, most were older HP, Sony and Yamaha drives. The Plextor drives are the best and have this happen the least, unless you are using cheap media.
Old May 29th, 2003, 04:21 PM

Thanks so much for all input. My writer info is LG CDRW ED8080B This is all I can find. My computer is a Dell 8100. Pentium 4 1500 1.5 with 256 RAM. It came with DVD/CDROM and a CDRW. It's almost 2 yrs old. I'm using Sony CD-R's 700MB 80 min. with write speed compatible 1x-32x. I will try using a higher quality disc to see if that fixes the problem. What write speed would you suggest to use? It's on auto select right now.The sticking letters are not that bad but for some it could be a distraction. lol Thanks again for the timely answers.
Old May 29th, 2003, 04:35 PM

Two schools of thought on the write speed.

Some feel the slower the better. I used to be a member of that group, because it seemed to hold true. I have come to believe it was true at one time, but possibly related to the available media.

The other group says the faster the better. Some on the forums have reported that fast writing has improved the quality and eliminated "sticking Letters" in commercial cdg's. I can't speak for that.

I do know however that I am able to produce error free cdg's time after time running wide open at 48X as long as I stick to Mitsui Silver media.

Experiment for yourself and take whatever course works for you, and that you're comfortable with.

George
Old May 29th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Honor Roll

Might be your drive as it is not listed on the website as being CDG compatible... CLICK HERE Not saying it is definately the problem, I would do as the others and adjust the write speed first, then purchase MTU media, then start looking at the possibility that your drive is not 100% compatible with CDG. (of course there are other things that could be causing this too...) Does it matter what position the song is on the disc? I have an old burner, which stated CDG compatibility, yet, the first 4-5 songs on a disc would not display the graphics properly, towards the end of the disc they were usually fine as they would get progressively better towards the end of the disc. This of course goes back a few years, haven't had any probelms since I switched to a Plextor burner.

Flip (a.k.a. Mike)
Old May 29th, 2003, 05:02 PM

This drive is listed on ones that say yes, but really don't work correctly. Here is the post about this: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=1106