MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 9th, 2001, 08:01 PM

Hey, is there anyway to take my Pioneer laser disks, and copy them to a small CD'G, My back would love a thing like this, I have to drag in 50 disks in a 75lb box into my gigs.
Old February 10th, 2001, 12:45 PM
Administrator

There is no way to convert Laser disc Karaoke directly to CDG.

However, you could record the Laser disc song audio into a .wav file, call it into Karaoke Home Producer, add the lyrics yourself, and export in CDG format. The Laser disck video of course will not be salvaged, only the audio.
Old February 10th, 2001, 12:53 PM

Recording Laser Disk Into CDG

Roughly, how long would it take to add lyrics to a Wav., Do I physically have to type in the words as they should be sung. I think I remember reading you can pre load the words in,but you would have to know the song pretty well, in order to hit the button to match the song don't you?
I was looking at that program, but was thinking it would take hours to do a song to get it right? Can you explain more in detail how I would operate the program to do this. I dont mind not having the video.

Next question, is I seem to be getting alot of "Confetti Left Over" on my copies, I am only copying on 2X, it's not bad where you cant see the words, but is there a way to help this. I am cleaning each original disk before copying.
Old February 10th, 2001, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Karaoke Home Producer does require you to enter the Lyrics in a .txt file, then import it into KHProducer. If the .wav song is 3 minutes long, it takes 3 minutes to tap the spacebar and Ctrl keys to place the lyrics in sync. If it is good enough, you're done! However, if you are a perfectionist, it will take several trys at placing the lyrics in sync... until you get tired of doing it, or make it acceptable. Ear-Hand coordination and fast neural timing are needed to use KHProducer. Some folks have more than others, and they will do a better job. However, anyone can tap in a song.

If a song is 3 minutes and you have to tap it in 4 times to get it acceptable, that is only 12 minutes. I can't imagine taking even 30 minutes (10 times!) to do a 3 minute song.

I assume by "Confetti" you mention that you are seeing random dots outside the characters or dots inside the characters turning a different color. This is a typical failure mode of a CD-Recorder that has not been certified for CDG. Believe me, we earn our money on testing our CDG certified drives!
Old February 10th, 2001, 08:50 PM

Confetti (Random Dots)

The CDRW I have is a Sony CRX140E 1.0n

Its on your list in your manual. Am I wrong to assume this is not a acceptable recorder?

Animalcop
Old February 11th, 2001, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Yes, you are wrong, unless you purchased a CD-Recorder from MTU that has been certified to read and write the CDG format.

Read this http://www.mtu.com/basics/cd-topics-suppliers.htm link. Point #2 clearly states that when we test CDR drives, we find between 2 to 5 fail out of 5 tested. Sony and HP are specifically mentioned in this note.
Old February 11th, 2001, 02:26 PM

How Much for that CDRW

Can you tell me what you charge for that machine you highly reccomend? Do you sell them cheaper than I could get anywhere else
Old February 11th, 2001, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Our Plextor 12x write speed IDE internal mount drive is $299.00 plus shipping cost (no markup on this).

Since we fully test every drive, we are not the cheapest. We have significant labor cost as we burn several Mitsui discs in different tests (we have to use the good media).

When you buy a CDR drive from MTU you know it WILL read and write the CDG format correctly.
Old February 12th, 2001, 11:37 AM

Talking Capture to VCD

I had the same Problem. I was not willing to play "Frisbee" as a K.J. So I bought a Video-Card (Fast AV) wich can capture the MPEG Stream wich is comartible to a Video-CD-Stream. Then I copied my Laserdiscs and burned it with Adaptecs Video-CD-Creator.

Usally a VCD runs in an LD or DVD Player. Otherwise you have to buy a VCD / CDG Player.

Then you can say GODDBYE LASER-FRISBEE

Greetings from Germany
Andreas
Old March 15th, 2001, 05:59 PM

Andreas, I was wondering is FAST-AV the brand of video card that one should use to transfer the Laserdisc images. If so what company makes it, and how is the audio transfered? And what kind of connection is needed between the Laserdisc player and the video card. Basically just some more details into the steps of the process is what I'd like to know so that I can get started on this little project as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Dave