MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 18th, 2003, 12:24 AM

Merging WAV & CDG Files

OK, here is what I have and what I want to do.

1. I have KARAOKE songs on both WAV and CDG format. Example:

Styx - Babe.cdg
&
Styx - Babe.wav

2. I want to be able to combine them together and burn them to CD's so I can use them in our KARAOKE MACHINE. I have tried the combine CDG+WAV=BIN option in KARAOKE STUDIO but the resulting file is only 30 seconds long, no matter how long it is supposed to be.

QUESTION: It there any way to rip the WAV and CDG together with Microstudio?

Help Help Help!

Thanx All!!

- VP
Old March 18th, 2003, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Need more information

When you say you have a .cdg file, because of your question, it is clear that it does not contain both the audio and the graphic/lyrics for CDG Karaoke. Instead, it is just the RW codes (graphics/lyrics) without the music.

No MTU product will use or process it. MTU only works with legal CDG Karaoke songs that have not been ripped apart by other software that encourage illegal copyright violation.

Please understand. I am not accusing you of illegal activities. Your question is a valid one. However, .cdg files that contain only RW code have been processed by tools designed to violate copyright laws.

Using our Karaoke Pro 4 software product, you can probably add the lyrics and graphics to the music .wav file faster than it took to post your question in this Forum. If you are interested, click this link to read about KPro 4.

If you are a professional, using illegally obtained copyright protected songs, whether by Internet download or getting free copies of CDG Karaoke discs made in violation of copyright law, you are asking for trouble. In the USA, it is a federal crime to use illegally obtained songs. Make sure that you have legal master originals and/or invoice proof that you purchased them for EVERY song you have on your professional gear. A single illegal song can cost you your entire equipment.
Old March 18th, 2003, 04:34 PM

Thanx! No, Im'm no pro Hehehe! I only have a $100.00 portable bom-box thing my 5 year-old daughter and I play with in her room.

Thanx again ...