MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 27th, 2009, 01:29 PM

Runtime Error

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Runtime Error! Program:....\MIcro Technology Unlimited\Sonverter\Songverter.exe. This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

This happens every time after batch processing about 500 or so songs.

For what it's worth, Songverter 1.21, Vista 32 Ultimate, 2Gb RAM.
Old September 27th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMusicGeek View Post
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Runtime Error! Program:....\MIcro Technology Unlimited\Sonverter\Songverter.exe. This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

This happens every time after batch processing about 500 or so songs.

For what it's worth, Songverter 1.21, Vista 32 Ultimate, 2Gb RAM.
I haven't seen this as I don't convert that many files at one time. This could be a restriction in Microsoft's programming as we found in one item in Hoster. MTU was able to work around that and could possibly do it for Songverter. I don't think there are any plans for them to work on Songverter in the near future, but when they do I will make sure they look into this.
In the interim I guess you will have to pick smaller batches than 500 to keep from crashing the program.
Old October 12th, 2009, 10:01 AM

Run Time Error Too

I had the same problem with a run time error in the demo mode. I was testing the program to see if it was worth getting and how it works. I was converting only 1 zip to kma and got the message. I was using my XP Pro 2gb ram, 2.8ghz, Plenty of hard space all the Window updates possible. I have the lame installed but the program istallation asked if I wanted to download a lame. Maybe it did not see the lame files? Any clues?
Old October 12th, 2009, 10:28 AM

Run Timme Error Fixed

I down loaded another Lame file and pasted it in various places and this time it converted the file in Demo mode. What I see I don't like about the program. Mostly in the conversion, the file is NOT the same name as I started with in the conversion. I like to see what I'm looking at in my files and not depend on a program to find it in a search form. I feel this is a huge draw back for those of us that still depend on looking and seeing a file name when confirming the song.
So many of the other conversion programs I use do convert name for name. Is that a problem with this Songverter?
Old October 12th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

First question is why are you converting to KMA? Hoster is the only program that uses KMA files and for it you need to import in Hoster for it to be registered in the database. KMA is the only format change you can make in Songverter that uses only the DiskID and track number for the naming of the files.
Convert to any other format such as ZIP to MP3+G or WMA+G or BIN and the entire file name with all the information in the original file is used.
Old October 12th, 2009, 03:32 PM

Question Converting

ddouglas
I thought I had to convert to kma because on my Vista machine there is a 20+- second delay with clicking the play and seeing the screen. I am just starting to use 4.11 on the Vista.

I thought I read a thread that said the problem for the delay was because my files were in zip format (mp3+g). When I installed the Hoster 4.11 it asked If the zip files were to be converted to kma, I clicked ok. It converted what I had on the computer to kma and it did not delete the zip which was ok. But the kma files do not have the file info that is recognizable, like name & artist as the zip did.

I've done all the Windows updates and have been working on defrag for a few hours now in hopes that could be the solution.

I also have an XP machine that is my main machine that I use out with Hoster 3.2 using zip files. I dread the thought of having to convert all my zips to kma if I don't have to.
Ihope this is not getting confusing
Old October 12th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Honor Roll

I don't think it's confusing, but I wonder why. The reason I originally started using Hoster over the other products I tried, was the database. If you will just take that leap of faith and go ahead and convert your files, you will never look back.

It is so much easier than running a separate database program to look up your files and paste in. You can use the Singer's Database that, for me, is the killer app. I can't tell you how many compliments I get from singers that think they are "special" enough for me to keep all the songs they sing on a separate list for them.

I'm sure you have a copy of your files backed up. Give it a try, there is nothing to loose.
Old October 12th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfountai View Post
ddouglas
I thought I had to convert to kma because on my Vista machine there is a 20+- second delay with clicking the play and seeing the screen. I am just starting to use 4.11 on the Vista.

I thought I read a thread that said the problem for the delay was because my files were in zip format (mp3+g). When I installed the Hoster 4.11 it asked If the zip files were to be converted to kma, I clicked ok. It converted what I had on the computer to kma and it did not delete the zip which was ok. But the kma files do not have the file info that is recognizable, like name & artist as the zip did.

I've done all the Windows updates and have been working on defrag for a few hours now in hopes that could be the solution.

I also have an XP machine that is my main machine that I use out with Hoster 3.2 using zip files. I dread the thought of having to convert all my zips to kma if I don't have to.
Ihope this is not getting confusing
First I moved your other posts that you had put in Microstudio Help forum to a new thread in Hoster Help. Look in there for my answer and questions. Songverter is not the answer for your problem.

When you import ( Hoster) or Convert (Songverter) to KMA then the file names are shortened to DiskID-Track.KMA. The original files are not changed or disturbed in any way. So you can still play them in other programs looking them up by filename as you wish.
When you use Hoster to play them then you use the BookID (if known) to add them or you use the search to look for the song title or artist. Because of the database built in Hoster is faster to use for looking up a song than trying to peruse the folder to find the right song.
What I said in the other thread on this is that if they are imported (or converted as 4.11 did) then the files in the zip are extracted first and then it is imported. So none of those KMA files are zipped any longer. They should not be giving you that large a delay anymore.
If I remember correctly back in 3.2 and all the way upto the 3.3xx versions You had to play zip files by adding them from the main screen. In the later 3.3xx versions you could import zipped karaoke files into Hoster. At that point the import process rapped a KMA header around the zip file and called it a KMA file, but they still had to be unzipped by the Hoster before they would play. In 4.xx this was changed to first unzip them before importing and import them in their original format. This is why if you had some you imported as ZIP in earlier version then version 4.xx would want to remove the zip and re-import without that, thus making it faster for Hoster to start playing.
Therefore, if you have not imported all those ZIP files into Hoster then now is the time to do it. Hoster will then create the KMA file in the format needed and will not alter or change the original file.
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:58 PM

We just released version 1.22 that does fix some crash issues with converting .kma files to MP3+G. They were mainly under Windows Vista and Windows 7 that I had found the problem with.

You can download it from here.