MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Closed Thread

Old May 12th, 2008, 04:46 PM

Question Driver update for Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190A

I bought a new drive from MTUand it was a Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190A. While trying to find updated drivers on the net, it said the drive was made by NEC SONY. Both NEC and SONY don't show this drive in their driver upgrades.
So where do I go for driver upgrades. Drivers installed are dated 2004.
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNevada View Post
I bought a new drive from MTUand it was a Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190A. While trying to find updated drivers on the net, it said the drive was made by NEC SONY. Both NEC and SONY don't show this drive in their driver upgrades.
So where do I go for driver upgrades. Drivers installed are dated 2004.
I just purchased an MTU cerified drive. On the drive it is marked as a Sony/NEC AD-7190A 1.05. It installed just fine with no new drivers so I have not looked for drivres or firmware.

If your drive is working correctly, there would be no need to get another driver. They may not be available because they are not needed,

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Administrator

All you should need is your new Microstudio 4.006 to run with this drive. Let us know if it doesn't work, and what you are doing that creates the problem and what the error messages are.

All should work normally, with 4.006. This new "super drive" is not supported by prior Microstudio versions before I believe 3.003 or 4.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 04:14 PM

Having the same problem. "Destination drive not Ready".

My new drive created about 13 or 14 disks and then I started ruining one disk after another. I always run the test before burning. The disk would show that the disk past the test and when I started the burn, within 2 minuets, the burn would error out and show the disk was no longer usable. I ruined some 26 or twenty seven new disks without one completed disk. I checked the forum and found nothing. I read something about having Roxio and and another type of program that could interfere with the system, got rid of them and re-installed MTU 14006a and still could not make a disk. I have been to Microsoft and went through both the Express and the Custom updates and nothing has worked. I don't know of anything else I can do. I sent a "HighjackThis" to an analyst and they checked all the items and could only say it must have something to do with the disk. I removed the two other burners I have in the computer and still nothing worked. When I move the songs to the recording side, some names have been shortened or missing.
It's the same with "Keyrite". I tried all that you have sent me to try and still it never stops running. I've changed the name tried for new programs from microsoft and haven't had any luck with that program. It worked well before the new upgrade and hasn't work since.

Last edited by Vince Cravotta; December 23rd, 2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Miss spelled word.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Are you using music quality disks?
Have you tried it without doing the test before burning?
How long are the names originally that are shortened? The maximum is only 63 characters (that includes spaces) and Microstudio will chop them off. Are the ones that don't show putting the disk over its set space? In Microstudio write window you have to set the disk type and size to match the type you are using so you can use all the space on them.

Have you submitted a Support Email Ticket to get direct help from MTU? There is an off chance the drive has failed or gotten mis-aligned.

For your Keyrite please post your problem with it in the Keyrite Help forum.
Old December 24th, 2008, 11:59 AM

Microstudio Burner

Yes, I have preformed all Items in you're reply to me. The burner worked very good for the first month and a half and then started ruining the 100 disks I purchased from MTU. I have a pile of some 27 disks that have been ruined trying to get one(1) disk completed. I deleted the program from the control panel and then reinstalled them. I have tried burning a disk without testing and it still created and error stating that the disk could not be used. I really don't know weather the Burner or software are at fault.
As far as keyrite, I had worked beautifully for some 250 songs that always had trouble with KJ's forget or didn't care about checking for the a change in song keys and replaced the key to Zero and now we're having no problems. When changing the key on all songs I use the first eight letters of the song and add a KC at the end denoting I've changed the key. I never made the new name as long or longer than the original. I did try to wait until the process went through the cycle at least three times and it would allow the song to be transposed with an error in the song itself. The whole process changed when we installed the update for Keyrite. That is every thing about the process that I can pass on. If you want, I can sent an attachment from the 'hackthis' program I have?
Yes, I will post the information on Keyrite to the proper forum!

Last edited by Vince Cravotta; December 24th, 2008 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Last minuet response.
Old December 24th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Is this computer XP or Vista?

Have you tried burning a CD with any other programs (doesn't have to be music files or one of your MTU blank disks) to see if the burner is working?
As a note Roxio and Nero can work with these programs. The only thing that needs to be done after their installation is to remove their shortcut from the Start/Menu/Startup folder. This will keep them from locking the burner to their exclusive use. The problem you would see if they are interfering is Microstudio wouldn't see the drive at all.

When you burned the successful (13 or 14) disks were you using Microstudio 4.006 or an earlier version?

Do you have any other drives in the computer?

Did you add all the Custom Updates? Did that include any hardware updates?

Do you have Directx 9.0 installed (required)?
Do you have .net Framework installed (also required)?
Old December 24th, 2008, 11:45 PM

Reply to ddouglass

Every morning at 5:00 AM I check and download whatever microsoft has that is new in the custom "new" updates.
My Computer is running Windows XP
I am using the 4.006 version of Microstudio
I had a Virtual drive that I removed.
I had a Sony burner that I removed and just reinstalled.
I also have a 300GB external hard Drive.
I have DirectX 9.0
I Have .net framework installed.
I re-enabled the MTU drive and was able to burn two (2) disks with 15 tracks on each one using the Roxio after re-installing it. They recorded perfect.
I also figured that losing 2 more new MTU disks would be worth trying the Microstudio hardware. I tried the first one not using the test method, and it failed. I tied the second one with the test sequence and it said that the test was sucessful and when I ran the burn side it burned for one minuet and when the burn started showing on the rectangle with the bar that shows progress in the burn it errored out and that disk was ruined. I sure hope we can figure something out. Thanks for your help.
Old December 25th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

What I can't figure out is why did it stop working suddenly. How long was it between the time you last sucessfully created a disk and when it stopped burning them? Then the question is what was installed between those times, because it has to be something outside of the program doing this.
I am wondering, did the Keyrite and Microstudio start acting up at the same time?
Old December 25th, 2008, 01:29 PM

Reply to Dale Douglass 12-25-08

Yes they did start acting up about the same time. I had to adjust the key's on about 21 songs to put on the two (2) disks. It took around three days to convert the songs before I could try the burn.
The only thing I installed was the new Keyrite update program. I'm wondering if I could install the burner on my other computer with Windows XP on it and fiqure out how I can install the MTU software on it and try the burner there?
Let me know if and how I could do that if you have the time.
Thanks
Old December 25th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Is this an internal or external burner?
If it is an external just unplug it from this computer and plug it into the other computer. Windows should automatically recognize it.
If it is internal then you will have to remove it from the one and install it in the other. Again Windows will recognize it automatically.

You can install Microstudio and Keyrite on two computers so as long as you don't already have them on another computer then no problem.
If you do have it on two computers already then you can uninstall it from one and re-install it on another. Be sure to do this on line so it unregisters at MTU to allow you to change to another computer.
Old December 25th, 2008, 02:17 PM

To Dale Douglass-MTU- Reply #2

Dale, I have MTU on only one computer. I use only one computer for music where I have 800GB to use. The other computer is for my Office work files and other software. I will try to install it on the other computer. I rebooted my computer and setup a new user and allowed it to access my program file with only MTU. That's the only thing on that system.
I loaded the program and MTU came up and I brought in the 13 songs that I wanted to burn. When I moved them to the right side of screen they were all there in the rotation of songs I wanted. When I brought them in with the 'write disk' there were 14 songs in the list. One of the songs had been duplicated. I deleted it and began to burn the disk with 'no testing'. The unit began preparing the songs for burning. The light on the burner came on and it began the process. Half way through the process it errored out and the burner door opened and when I reached in to remove the disk I realized I had not placed a disk in the drive. It ran part of the process without a disk. The light came on without a disk in it.
Old December 25th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

The first part of the process is preparing the files for burning when the files are not in BIN format. That is why it went through the first part and then looked for the disk. You should have been able to insert a disk and continue.
Old December 25th, 2008, 04:54 PM

To: Dale Douglass 12-25-08

Normally I would have but the tray or drawer did not open as it used to.
Old December 27th, 2008, 02:17 PM

Question To: Dale Douglass 12-27-08

I did what we discussed. Installed the burner into another WindowsXP computer.
I installed the Microstudio program. Setup the drive as the one to use for .bin files. I loaded some bin files into the program and the unit will not burn. It plays mp3 files but will not burn .bin files. I tried both way one(1) with the test burn then two(2) with burning the .bins without testing same response. Dave, I noticing since I get the error message about drive is not responding, do you want to start again that the disks (MTU disks) are all usable again where before it would destroy the disk for further use. (I still have 27 disk that have been ruined.)
Old December 27th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

Did you set the drive as the default drive for Microstudio?
Can Windows Explorer read a disk in it that has something on it (an audio, data or karaoke disk)?
Is this computer updated?
Old December 27th, 2008, 04:51 PM

To: Dale Douglass 12-27-08

Yes, all my computers (3) are updated once a day, during the early mornings. Yes, the drive can read mp3's, data disks and CD+G or .bin files. I also unpluged my other drive which is strictly a read not write drive. In the Microstudio window, it only shows 1 drive which is the Microstudio drive.
It behaves exactly as it does in my main music computer. (WindowsXP)
Old December 28th, 2008, 12:10 PM

To: Dale Douglass 12-28-08

In going through all the help info I decided to check on the Regions page and I found that I had no region established on the form. I know I enter the 'United States' when I installed the new burner. It was blank, so I entered the United States' again. I rebooted for it to take affect, setup my song and tried the burn.
I went through the test fine. When I tried to burn it errored out and ruined another disk. I tried again using only the 'write' instead of testing again. It started preparing the tracks and errored out again, of course, ruining another disk. I went bact to the region sheet and again it showed no region selected and mentioned 'remember you can only change region 5 times'. I thought about it not wanting to accept my region and decided I would change from Master and Slave to Cable Select which I did. I went back select Region 1 (United States) and it accepted it. I tried another burn with test and then no test and I lost another two disks. The region was accepted and I don't know if changing to the Cable Select option had anything to do with it.
I then put new cable leads into the computer for the two drives still using the Cable Select option. Nothing changed.
I feel I have tried everything that you've suggested and all the thoughts that I thought would have worked and really feel that there has to be something in the burned itself that is malfunctioning. I am now down to 45 disks out of the 100 I purchased from MTU. I feel that they should replace the unit and the disks that have been ruined.
Old December 28th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Cravotta View Post
In going through all the help info I decided to check on the Regions page and I found that I had no region established on the form. I know I enter the 'United States' when I installed the new burner. It was blank, so I entered the United States' again. I rebooted for it to take affect, setup my song and tried the burn.
I went through the test fine. When I tried to burn it errored out and ruined another disk. I tried again using only the 'write' instead of testing again. It started preparing the tracks and errored out again, of course, ruining another disk. I went bact to the region sheet and again it showed no region selected and mentioned 'remember you can only change region 5 times'. I thought about it not wanting to accept my region and decided I would change from Master and Slave to Cable Select which I did. I went back select Region 1 (United States) and it accepted it. I tried another burn with test and then no test and I lost another two disks. The region was accepted and I don't know if changing to the Cable Select option had anything to do with it.
I then put new cable leads into the computer for the two drives still using the Cable Select option. Nothing changed.
I feel I have tried everything that you've suggested and all the thoughts that I thought would have worked and really feel that there has to be something in the burned itself that is malfunctioning. I am now down to 45 disks out of the 100 I purchased from MTU. I feel that they should replace the unit and the disks that have been ruined.
Vince, why use the quality disks for this testing? Buy some cheap ones. Whether they burn or not it won't cost as much for testing. If it does burn (we find the problem) then it just won't be quality, but at least you'll know it is fixed and can then reburn on the quality disks.
If it was the drive then it would not have worked with other programs either which is not the case. I can't speak for MTU but I doubt they are going to replace it or the disks.
As far as the Region setting goes once you set it then it is set. If you open that setting again it shows blank so you can enter a new setting if you want, so don't reset it again.

Just for your information too, Microsoft only puts out updates on Tuesday, so if you check on Wednesday morning that will take care of your updates and you don't have to do them every morning.
Speaking of updates are you doing the hardware updates from Microsoft too? Half the time those updates (which they get from the manufacturers) are out dated and can cause problems. Only do the software updates. If you have been doing them too that may be part of the problem.
Old December 28th, 2008, 09:06 PM

To: Dale Douglass 12-28-08

Can you tell me what software is related to the Microstudio that affects the production of disks that I would need to update or upgrade? My Router has been updated, my Modem has been updated and I backup my three hard drives every two weeks.
Your advertizing stated when I was buying the new burner that if I didn't use MTU's disk that the burner would not work properly. I believed what they said. That's why I didn't buy cheaper disks.
How would cheap disks work when I'm trying to get the burner to work.
You can look up in my records that I purchased a burner some time this year and it worked fine for about as long as this current one. I asked for an RMA number and returned the unit to MTU. They deducted a re-stocking charge.
I have been with this company a long time, Since 2003, and in the beginning I spoke with the owner most times and he would spend some time helping with the problems I would have with other software. Like never being able to download programs for some unknown reasons and would have to purchase the CD/or/DVD to get the programs to work.
*I would like to hear from someone from MTU who can explain to me why my unit will 'test write' a new disk that I want to burn and it processes perfectly, but when the burner tells me that testing process was completed successfuly and it asks if I want to burn it, it errors out every time. What part of my computer system has any control at that point in the process. Then, maybe I can work on that piece of hardware or software!
I have some $15,000 dollars of editing software and hardware in this computer. I have Pinnacle Software and Pinnacle hardware, Lexocon amplifiers that I use to produce my recording of all of our Songs Using $500 dollar microphones and Cakewalk software when I need to produce new music. I can run all of this equipment but I can't produce a Karaoke disk with this burner. I have seventy Karaoke disk to create now but my business is dead in the water.
I purchased this new burner on 2008-11-25 @ 23:30:24. My order number is 63081. I've had it just over a month. It worked for two weeks and your Warranty is 10 days.
*I think if no one can answer my question I feel that MTU owes me something. At least to check the unit out at you plant and see if they can get it to work.
I have been buying MTU software and hardware since 2003. I really am not mad, I'm disapointed!

Last edited by Vince Cravotta; December 28th, 2008 at 09:07 PM. Reason: missing letter at the end of disk on second line 3rd word.
Closed Thread