MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 4th, 2005, 12:53 AM

Question about transferring license

Hello all! I currently have a Toshiba A26 laptop with an Intel Celeron 2.8 Ghz processor and 512mb of Ram, Windows XP Home edition. I run Hoster and Winamp ONLY on this system. I use Hoster for karaoke, and Winamp to run my music only. When I have them running together, the audio playing out of Winamp will drop out for about a second then come back on. It happens at random times as well. As often as 4 to 5 times during a 3 hour show. When I run Winamp ONLY it doesn't happen. I am wanting to upgrade my computer to a Sony Viao with an Intel Pentium 4, and 1GB of ram running Windows XP Home Edition. Will i have to purchase Hoster again or is there any way I can transfer the license to the new computer? Thanks for the help!
Old April 4th, 2005, 05:41 AM
VIP

Re: Question about transferring license

This should have been two totally separate threads

Audio: This shouldn't happen, thats plenty of resources for just those two programs. Something is going on in the background. Make sure your Antivirus software, screensaver and update notifications are turned off. There's a sticky that deals with audio drops you might want to check for other suggestions.

Changing Computers: You are permitted a backup computer though I don't know the procedure for it.

Sam
Old April 4th, 2005, 05:45 AM
VIP

Oops I just noticed that sticky is gone. Audio Drops haven't been an issue for a long time. If you do a search for "audio drops" you'll find a bunch of stuff.

Sam
Old April 4th, 2005, 06:40 AM

I agree that it should have been two separate threads, but i wanted to give some background as to why i wanted to change computers. Any help would be appreciated.