MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old November 8th, 2006, 04:22 PM

Wireless Microphone

I am interested in getting a wireless microphone for personal use, not for my customers. I want one that is not complicated to use. I have seen several post put most of them do not list model numers. Should I go with UHF vs VHF, rechargeable? Want are the downfalls?
Old November 28th, 2006, 11:16 AM

There are a number of different options available to you. In short:

- The UHF band is usually better. You'll be less prone to interference when using a UHF wireless microphone.

- Very few high-quality systems that I've seen use rechargeable batteries. Disposable alkalines are cheap and easy, and I never have to worry about whether or not they're charged. When they're low, they get replaced.

- You'll find systems in just about every price range. When comparing, try to find a frequency-agile system. This will allow you to quickly switch frequencies if there's interference.

- Try to steer away from the lowest-priced systems if the microphone is for you. I've had decent luck with Samson and Sennheiser wireless systems, and use Vocopro wireless for my singers. If I were in your shoes, I'd consider the Sennheiser Freeport handheld system. It's UHF with 8 selectable frequencies, and it sells for around $199.

Hope that helps!
Old November 28th, 2006, 11:42 AM

Here is the ones I use for karaoke. I have 4 of them and a friend of mine hosts karaoke and he has 6 of them. They seem to work real good.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

Shuttle X ComputersWindows XP Pro. SP3 AMD 1.8 gig Processor1 gig Memory
Video NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 32 meg

Dell Laptop 1525
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1
4 Gig Mem. Vista Basic
Old November 28th, 2006, 12:08 PM

I use two of these for our private karaoke club. We have 7 singers and a spare for a guest, but only have to mess with two multichannel receivers.

http://www.sumakaya.com/product.asp?sku=HM4M000001
Old December 1st, 2006, 01:29 PM

Hey X
I use a wireless headset mic for my shows. it keeps my hands free and I can wander and talk with my singers, set hoster to auto and announce my next singer from anywhere in the room. The current one I am using is from Peavey I can’t remember the number but any good music shop can get you a price. I paid $160 for mine, good sound and VERY convenient!
Old December 1st, 2006, 04:53 PM

VocoPro Microphones

i have never used a wireless microphone and don't really want it for my singers, just myself. I was thinking about going with one og the Vocopro microphones---any thoughts?

Also is there any sound problems while using wireless and wired at the same time?
Old December 1st, 2006, 06:27 PM

no issues using wired and wirless............
the reciever plus injust like a mic cable into your mixing board..........
after using the headset mic i will never go back to a handheld mic (wired or wirless) to run my shows.