MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 9th, 2005, 03:34 PM

Re: Copying Sound Choice Newest CDGs

I've tried to find this using search engines, but so far nothing. I've even tried to guess at the company's website, but no luck.

Can you point me as to where I can find this software? Thanks!
Old July 14th, 2005, 12:56 PM

Re: Sound Choice

Isn't Sound Choice A pirate too? I read somewhere else on the forums that SC has been taken to court. Also read that Karaoke Bay is the only one that pays the royaltys and Synch fees. I personally am boycotting SC till they make it easy to import their disks, and maybe come down in price. They are the costliest disks out there. Now the cost isn't worth the inconvience no matter how good the sound quality. When push comes to shove we can make our own disks using original sound tracks. I haven't gone that route yet but "It's a coming". Of course I am still waiting for the Long version of In-a-gadda-da-vida on Karaoke too!

John
Old July 15th, 2005, 04:23 PM

Hi all;

I read this thread while I was at work today and now that I'm home I've gotta tell ya I just imported SC8923 (newest Country Spotlight 6/05) without a problem. Now I will tell you it is Multisession so you can't use the duplicate disc tab, but you can use the import tracks tab just like any other multisession disc that SC has put out. Now the disc I think that was mentioned earlier was from the 8700 series which I believe SC was using Mediclog which they stopped doing. I'm not going to rehash how to get all the tracks there is multiple threads that do this already. Good Luck, but I still am going strong.
Old July 19th, 2005, 05:31 PM

Write them!

I just purchased a SC with the newest protection. I wrote to them and told them, "good luck with this new protection but I think it will cost you much more than you will gain"
I BUY all my disks. I use them at home for my personal use. Big deal if I want to play them on my computer!
Let's blitz write them and let them know how we feel!
Old July 19th, 2005, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo
I just purchased a SC with the newest protection. I wrote to them and told them, "good luck with this new protection but I think it will cost you much more than you will gain"
I BUY all my disks. I use them at home for my personal use. Big deal if I want to play them on my computer!
Let's blitz write them and let them know how we feel!
BooBoo, what disc did you just buy that you can't import? Just curious.
Old July 19th, 2005, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackyquack
BooBoo, what disc did you just buy that you can't import? Just curious.
I purchased the 8721
Old July 20th, 2005, 12:20 PM

BooBoo;

I would have guess it was something from the 8700 series. That is when they were using Mediclog. SC has since stopped that because not only were they not playing in computer(as they wanted) they also were not able to be used in some players either. So they stopped. It is my understanding, SC has also said any disk with that protection on it can be returned for the disc without protection if available.
Old July 20th, 2005, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackyquack
BooBoo;

I would have guess it was something from the 8700 series. That is when they were using Mediclog. SC has since stopped that because not only were they not playing in computer(as they wanted) they also were not able to be used in some players either. So they stopped. It is my understanding, SC has also said any disk with that protection on it can be returned for the disc without protection if available.
Ah so this is not new protection, but older protection that they will replace? Yes, it has Mediclog protection. I may have to give them a call! Thanks so much for the info..