MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 2nd, 2007, 02:52 PM

Does importing files corrupt them? - NO: adjust Hardware Accelerator setting

Hey All,
After my experiences of losing all my programmes and having to re-install after Microstudio 4.001 was nstalled, I decided to give 4.001 a shot, but I find there is a delay in the sync between the words and music.
I know that there shouldn't be anything converting from CDG. to Bin. as basically they are the same, or are they?
I played my CDG of "Mary in the Morning" from the MM Velvet Elvis set in 4.001 and it played perfectly yet after I imported it there is now a delay of about 2-3 seconds, so to sing the song correctly you have to really listen to the music and ignore the word screen.
With a lot of my previous titles in Songlist, (The ones I regularly sing at other peoples' shows) I tried a number at random and found some were unaffected but some were even more spaced out.
Incidentally I have never come across anyone in my area who use Hoster for their shows, everyone else is split between 4 other programmes that I am sure you guys know well.
Since nowadays eveyone seems to use a laptop, very few play CDGs anymore, mainly because their programmes can't read CDG files, but usually can read discs containing bin. mp3+g and zip files.
I know from past experience that corruption takes place converting wav. and mp3 files in either direction, so I need your observations as to why this lack of sync is occurrng as it seems the lyrics are being compressed while the music is more stretched.
Is there anything in Windows which is working against MTU progs?
I am presently using XP Media Centre and a Plexrtor 760A with 4.001, although I now use a LG DVD player in my Hoster machine.
Regards from across the pond.
Garry
Old May 2nd, 2007, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

Garry have you tried burning some of the imported (bin) files to a CDR and or import some of the bin files into Hoster to see if they play ok? It may be a latency within that computer. Some of us have had to change the sound acceleration to standard to get correct sound and graphics sync.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 07:25 AM

Hey Dale,
Thanks for quick reply, will do as you suggest later today, and report back
Regards from across the pond,
Garry
Old May 4th, 2007, 12:16 PM

Hey Dale,
Imported some of the Microstudio files I was having trouble into Hoster they all played perfectly.
I already had them in Hoster from the original CDGs so I was able to compare the two, No difference.
Haven't tried to write a CD yet or alter the sound acceleration, which was all explained in the manual.
One question though.
In 2.613 I had the choice of writing CDs from either CDG or bin. files.
Do the written Cds in 4.001 play as CDGs or bin. files?
Regards from across the pond,
Garry
Old May 4th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Cdg