MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 13th, 2003, 07:31 PM

Wallerman
As far as I know there is nothing that will touch Mediacloq, they are made in such a way that they will not run on computers or even on DVD players with Karaoke capabilities. Sound Choice has stopped using this type of copy protection (for now) until they can figure out how to get them to run on DVD/Karaoke machines.
Old January 13th, 2003, 08:53 PM
Frequent Member

Wallerman.........

Don't know of any USB that can read Media Cloq.

There are only about 3 CD-RW's that can.

I have a Sony CRX140S (SCSI) and it can copy Media Cloq using Goldenhawk CDRwin v3.8g or greater, extracting the tracks as Sectors.

No Yamaha or Plextor can.

I believe the HP 9300 IDE can, but not positive.

I know it's much easier on a SCSI than an IDE.

The Sony CRX140E (IDE) CAN ALSO.......BUT MUST NOT BE AN OEM MODEL. LABEL MUST READ SONY CRX-140E.

Jim (kjzone)
Old January 13th, 2003, 08:53 PM

Tough but not impossible?

Thanks for the reply Altair. Do a quick search in the forums keyword Mediacloq. It seems that some Drives can read the MediaCloq discs. Near as I can tell from the posts, MediaCloq may be dependant on either some of the CDR drives Firmware or the drivers... That's why I was askin if any external drives may be compatible to read 'em.
I wish I had known that some of my SC discs were un-copyable. I never would have purchased them. To me, at $20 + a disc, not being able to copy them so I can leave the originals at the house in a nice cool dark place untouched by human hands seems like a travesty. I now definitely ask my dealer for discs without the MediaCloq.

...WallerMan
Old January 13th, 2003, 08:57 PM

Thanks for the adive

Thanks for the list of possibilities.. I am going to do a little shopping to see if I can rustle up a couple of the alternatives. Thankfully I only have about a a half dozen of the MediaClogged
;-) SC discs... Man I would be livid if I had a hundred of their discs..
...WallerMan
Old January 13th, 2003, 10:12 PM

KJZONE AND WALLERMAN

Ihad heard that there were drives out there that would copy them, but I thought perhaps there was some other governing factor. I have two PleXwriter 40/12/40A drives and 17 Mediacloq discs that I cannot backup. At the price of disc's it might be almost worthwhile investing in one of the other burners.
Thanls for the direct and totally understandable response, others I have read have been vauge, and mystical hehe!
Old January 13th, 2003, 10:44 PM
Frequent Member

Altair.......

Your best bet on finding a Sony 140E or 140S is on e-bay, but
CAUTION there is a company selling on e-bay that says they
have the Sony 140e (New in Box), but it's not, it's the OEM version and will not work, the actual label on the Drive will have another number and this is the OEM version WITHOUT the CD+G support. Whoever you get it from, make sure they put it in writing that the markings on the Drive say Sony 140e or 140S.

I first got a Drive from them, but they did have a return policy, later I got the Sony 140S (SCSI) which is think is a SCSI II, had to get a SCSI card and it's for II and III.

Good Luck in your Hunt.

Also NOTE: It may take up to 30 minutes while Goldenhawk reads the Disc, but don't give up, it WORKS.

Once you have extracted the tracks as sectors you then burn them back to a CD-R and now have a Disc WITHOUT Media Cloq and can make as may copies of that as you wish.

Once you get it, any other questions.......let me know.

Jim (kjzone)

P.S. The Sony is an 8x / 4x / 32x
Old January 14th, 2003, 12:22 AM
Administrator

Competitor discussions are off limits...

Gentlemen, especially kjzone, we do not allow any discussions of competitor products in our forums any more. This post is very beneficial so I will leave it up. However, any new posts of competitor products, regardless whether they do something that MTU does not do, will be deleted in total... regardless of what else is in the post.

There is warning note in every MTU Forum that states this new policy. Please help us adhere to it. We had a very bad situation with another competitor and we simply will not allow any competitor posts from here on. OK?
Old January 14th, 2003, 08:01 AM

Wallerman,
The only way I have seen to backup, (we don't say copy) Media cloq protected discs using Microstudio is using internal burners, the HP 8100 seems to work well, and am told the sony crx140, The last time I looked on ebay there were a few old HP8100's there, I've seen nothing telling about any USB burner that would back them up. I have one 8100 and have no need for it if you want to email me direct, but I dumped all my protected discs on ebay, and will never again purchase anything protected.

Jim
Old January 14th, 2003, 08:18 AM

Wallerman,
There's been a lot of discussion on backing up SC with Media Clog on it. Some have posted "work around" methods of making ofbackups that were claimed to be successful. Try searching under "media clog" to pull those threads up. I can't vouch for them personally, as I have none of these questionable discs, but one of those methods might work for you, who knows.

George
Old January 14th, 2003, 08:54 AM

Smile Too Derned Funny

Thanks for all the advice guys... Jim, absolutely correct, on my Faux Pas... Back-up my discs. rather than copy em. I will get with you off line about the HP drive. I feel fortunate however that I only have about a half dozen of the the Media clogged discs.
Side note:
In backing up my collection which I have been accumulating since 1997, I have noticed only about a dozen discs that won't "back-up" due to damage wear or just age. Interestingly enough, I have been able, due to the MTU software, to salvage most of the songs off of them.
Anybody have any tips or tricks to increase the amount of salvage-ability on older well worn discs?

...WallerMan
Old January 14th, 2003, 09:01 AM

Always clean your discs, and set your read speed as fast as you can, I have been able to backup discs that I could not play because they were so beat up. I still end up with some graphic snow but a disc I can use none the less.
Clean: I use my breath to moisten a section of disc then wipe from the center out with a clean t-shirt that was washed and dried with no fabric softner.

Jim
Old January 14th, 2003, 09:19 AM

Deleted-
Jim's post and what I was going to say were almost identical, and crossed in the mail. Wish we could delete our own posts, but can't.
George

Last edited by George; January 14th, 2003 at 01:58 PM.
Old January 14th, 2003, 01:53 PM

Post Sound Choice Policy In Print

I sent a message to Sound Choice trying to find SC8195. All 3 copies of mine are damaged and I can't even make 1 good backup copy. This disk is out of print & I can't get it from Sound Choice or any other Cos I've tried. Anybody know a company that still shows it as available?

Anyway, I am posting what Sound Choice said in their reply about replacing currently available disks;

"If you have any other discs that are broken or wearing and you wish to replace them, the Sound Choice Replacement Policy allows us to replace any active, current disc for free. We require return of the old disc and a charge of $5.95 per disc for handling/shipping for deliveries within the 48 contiguous US states. Please call a Customer Sales Representative at 1-800-788-4487 for specific directions. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of further service."

Wayne White
Old January 14th, 2003, 02:05 PM
Frequent Member

Wayne White.....SC 8195

If you have 3 of the same discs, can you extract the tracks from the discs (the goods one to make one new composite)

Say Disc 1 Track #1 is Bad, but Disc 2 Track #1 is good.

SC8195 1 You Oughta Know Morissette, Alanis
SC8195 2 Childhood Jackson, Michael
SC8195 3 Good Better Than Ezra
SC8195 4 Why Walters, Jamie
SC8195 5 Carnival Merchant, Natalie
SC8195 6 It's Too Late Estefan, Gloria
SC8195 7 Somebody's Crying Isaak, Chris
SC8195 8 Keeper Of The Flame Page, Martin
SC8195 9 Walk In The Sun Hornsby, Bruce
SC8195 10 December Collective Soul
SC8195 11 Misery Soul Asylum
SC8195 12 I Alone Live
SC8195 13 Better Man Pearl Jam
SC8195 14 I Kissed A Girl Sobule, Jill
SC8195 15 How Deep Is Your Love Portrait
Old January 14th, 2003, 02:30 PM

Wayne White,
Sound Choice Spotlight Series 8195 is in stock for 21.95 at:

www.karaoke-central.com

Jim
Old January 14th, 2003, 10:46 PM

Post Thanks Jim

Thanks Jim. I followed your link & had to spend $50 to place an order, but, it went through so they must have the disc I need.

Kjzone - Funny thing, Song 1 won't play on any of them. This was one of the disks that had a paint problem. I am backing up my new copy (assuming they actually have it) before it gets ruined.

Wayne
Old March 14th, 2005, 03:15 AM

Re: Anyone Have success copying Sound Choice Media Clog cd+g's?

I'm Wondering Multisession or Media clog, I read most all of the post and it sound like some of the media clog CD-g's Are multisession and the Multisession Are Media Clog. Under the SoundChoice # number it will say Media Clog. Please check and if you were able to burn Media Clog let me know your hardware .
Thanks kfever

SoundChoice's Cursed Disc
The Media Clog
Old March 15th, 2005, 01:17 PM

Sound Choice Media Clog is a copy protection feature that has been discontinued because of the furer that people raised about not being able to make backup copies of their "expensive discs"!

1 1/2 or 2 years ago I raised this concern and gave my supplier a list of all such protected software. I was then informed which of those were reproduced without the specific protection, I then sent my disc's back and they were replaced. I think I had about 24 and only one had not been reproduced without the copy protection.
Old March 31st, 2005, 08:03 PM

Yes I can get around the hidden track on Sound Choice, but is there anyway around the Sound Choice disk that says will not read in a computer?
her roadie.....
Old March 31st, 2005, 09:43 PM

I have not run into that problem, what disc is it on?