MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old May 31st, 2003, 12:12 PM

Aren't Pioneer Cdgs The Best?!

I have DK 1-99 I have several cdgs that have as their strength that they are dedicated to particular artists. I have several brands for just as many reasons. BUTTT!
When I want to find a gooood version of a particular song in English, I have now become accostumed to first looking in the Pioneer Professional series.

What think ye??
Old June 4th, 2003, 06:32 PM
Frequent Member

pioneer is not that great- I personally think DK beats them.
Besides you can still buy DK in some form other from dealers (milenium set). Pioneer is impossible to replace unless you are smart enough to copy the originals and just use the copies for your shows. Now I have found a low cost alternative - Top Tunes.
Old June 5th, 2003, 10:32 AM

Thumbs up Hot Stuff Pack

I also like the DK albums,

before hearing the Hot Stuff Pack (12 cd's) I felt DK was the best.
I'm so impressed with the Sound quality!

I have to admit that I also like the BMB/Nutech cdgs, why? They don't sound like the original version at all, most of the songs are on my key and not the original like The Beatles, Air Supply, Elvis, Elton John...

It allows me to do it my way. I personally prefer hearing someone sing it's own version versus trying to imitate the original and not been able to do it well. We each have our own voice and a lot of the cdgs on the market are better version than the original (my opinion).

Thanks
Old June 19th, 2003, 12:25 PM

More Recent DK

Thanks for your observations. Like I said, I have the original DK 1-99. I like the instruments, and the arrangements are good. Sometimes, they change the key from the original. Oftentimes, that is an advantage to me, being a baritone. However, the Pioneers that I have listened to have outshown other versions of the same song when I have compared them. I know noone has mention Music Maestro, but I compared My Sharona between the two. Not even close. There is a place in Orange, CA called PK Laser that sells the pioneers still.

What are all the other DK releases (Millenium, Encore etc.)?? Is that just repackaged 1-99? I would hate to buy a whole set just to get the few new songs. Are there any discs that are particularly filled with new material?

Top Tunes has a lot of good stuff. I recently bought their two volumes of Christmas music, and feel that I won't need anything much else. (The synthesized instruments are apparent, however, to my ears.)

I just made a search before making this post. Unless I am mistaken, the Hot Stuff Pack #1 is made up of several discs that are also part of the SupercoreII pack. (I say this because they have the same songs in the same number order; I don't believe that that is coincidental) There is Hot Stuff 2 and 3. Are those equally good?

I opened this thread hoping to be made aware of these things and help anybody that might need to know. I wish I could change the name of the thread to "CDG brands"

Keep the good tips coming.
Old June 19th, 2003, 04:49 PM

Thumbs up Good CDG's

Jahern,

I believe DK no longer makes cdg or at least no longer sells new albums in North America.
The Hot Stuff Pack is in fact made from the Nutech company or BMB or whatever they're call now!!

I've notice something with cdg's, we CAN'T judge the quality of the music just with it's label, you can find the same arrangement on 2-3 different label!

On the Hot Stuff pack they all sound excellent, they all sound clear and with a very dynamic sound. (More than DK)

I hate it when a song is not recorded on a reasonable key, it's something I found with Legend brand. Why record a Bee Gees or Air Supply song at it's original key? Lower the Key so more people can sing it & it's something BMB/Nutech understood.

Regards
Old June 19th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Frequent Member

ten of the hot stuff vol I pack is actually the KJTOOLS set
Old June 20th, 2003, 10:20 AM

Just a few thoughts on different kinds of discs.
I have bought a lot of CDG's from the US, some good, some bad.
Prices may seem high to you guys but they are often a 1/2 to a 2/3 cheaper than in the UK.and I have picked up some real bargains (1 penny) on Ebay.
Country music and Bluegrass always seems to sound good which ever label its on, Top Tunes are especially good but Nikkodo and Nutech, who often get a bad press, have also been good.
Its often big band backing to the Sinatra style of singing that is often the worst sounding very synthetic.
I have often wondered how many of the firms producing music are the same with different labels.
I bought some so called, officially licenced, made to order, Chartbuster songs and when I played them there were a number of different labels in the headers.
Have just bought two MM disks for a couple of hard to get tracks
which turned out to be truly awful ALL INSTRUMENTS sounding like an organ.
Am thinking of buying Sound Canvas to use with KHPro and as George seems to know a lot about this subject could he tell me if I can alter the sounds on an already manufactured CDG to make them sound like real instruments
Old July 14th, 2003, 10:46 AM

Top Tunes

Question for Danny_G

Danny,
I bought a Top Tunes Jimmy Buffett CD and was unable to copy it to use the back-up. I wondered if you knew of a tutorial or certian program that makes it possible to record discs with multiple sessions on them? Forgive my ignorance, I'm a little new to this type of disc duplication....

Thanks much for any advice you or anyone else can give.
Old July 14th, 2003, 01:21 PM

Sending Private Messages

You can send private messages. Click the User's profile (this button shows up everywhere there is an entry by the particular user) Choose to send a private message and voila.

It sounds like you might have a media clog issue. Media clog protection is talked about in several areas of these forums including:

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=2153

Since I have never run into one of these pesky discs, I am wondering, What does the machine do when you try to copy? Just to make sure, have you successfully made copies using other discs?
Old July 14th, 2003, 04:40 PM

Jahern

Yes, I have made over 400 CD copies successfully. For an example, I have the Chartbuster Essential 450 vol 3, and on the 30th cd, there is a copy of Chartbusters database. This database conflicts with my normal copy "ritual" and states that discs with multiple sessions aren't supported by the method I use. I know there is a way to pull tracks off seperately and save to image files, but this is where I fall short as I do not know how to do this. I guess what I'm looking for is a piece of software that makes it easy to manage this feat. What would be your recommendation?

For everyone else, I apologize if this is the incorrect thread to be posting this to, as it is off on a tangent. Thanks for bearing with me everyone..
Old July 14th, 2003, 07:19 PM
Frequent Member

if you use the import tracks area of microstudio. you should be able to extract the tracks you want. usually the multi session track is the last track. but from what I've seen on this forum it may not be the entire case.