MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 26th, 2010, 08:21 AM

Microstudio 3.004 Reinstallation Problem

I had to reinstall Windows on my computer and everything else afterward. I have Microstudio 3.004 on a disk as a backup from MTU when I purchased it. When I try to install it I get a message stating: The machine you are installing on does not match the machine registered on this removable storage. I contacted MTU and they replied the next day it is okay to install now but I still have the same problem. I contacted them again and they asked if I kept Windows updated which I do. They said it would not install otherwise. Since I am installing from my original disk I don't see what difference that would make anyway. They no longer have this version as an internet download so I must install from the disk. Does anyone know why this won't recognize my computer.
Old January 26th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Are you using the same email address as you used when you first installed this product and your original reg #?

As you stated that you reinstalled Windows, is that because you replaced a major part of the computer which could in effect make it a different computer ?

Roy.
Old January 26th, 2010, 11:50 AM

I am using the same email address when I registered with MTU. Also, I am using the same registration number.

I reinstalled Windows on the hard drive that was in my computer before. I didn't make any hardware changes to it. My IP address is still the same also.

Last edited by Bossard; January 26th, 2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossard
I had to reinstall Windows on my computer and everything else afterward. I have Microstudio 3.004 on a disk as a backup from MTU when I purchased it. When I try to install it I get a message stating: The machine you are installing on does not match the machine registered on this removable storage. I contacted MTU and they replied the next day it is okay to install now but I still have the same problem. I contacted them again and they asked if I kept Windows updated which I do. They said it would not install otherwise. Since I am installing from my original disk I don't see what difference that would make anyway. They no longer have this version as an internet download so I must install from the disk. Does anyone know why this won't recognize my computer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossard View Post
I am using the same email address when I registered with MTU. Also, I am using the same registration number.

I reinstalled Windows on the hard drive that was in my computer before. I didn't make any hardware changes to it. My IP address is still the same also.
It is not the hardware or IP address that changes. It is the Windows install number that changes. This is also why Windows has to be activated again after re-install.
Did you do the updates from Microsoft's Update web site or do the Automatic Updates from within Windows? The Auto updates only do what Microsoft deems as critical security updates. This does not update other items such as DirectX or the Media Player and much more.
For these programs you need to do the updates from their web site using the Custom Updates instead of the Express. And do all of them as you never know what little change they sneak into one that you would never consider needed.
The only exception is you don't want to do any of the hardware updates. Instead go to the manufacturer's or the computer maker's web site to find the latest updates for those.
Old January 26th, 2010, 02:23 PM

I have reinstalled Windows two or three times with the same installation disk I have always used on the same hard drive and reinstalled Microstudio with the same installation disk afterwards. I have activated Windows each time as well. I updated through Microsoft's website each time also. Why now is there a problem.

Also, when I contacted MTU they reset my ability to reinstall Microstudio again with my disk because I think originally it was good for four installations before they had to reset something on their end. They told me the other day via email it was reset and will install. I have tried to install from the disk and MTU's website as well. I don't even get to the box that asks for the eighteen digit Microstudio code.

What does MTU monitor to make sure you are not installing on multiple computers in multiple locations, the Windows install number?
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Which Windows version are you using? XP or Vista?
Did you explain that you had to reload Windows to MTU? You may need to get them to clear the computer code/name completely, so you can install again instead of just resetting it for re-install.
Old January 26th, 2010, 10:38 PM

I am using XP. I explained all the details to MTU previously and contacted them again this morning but have not gotten a respose yet.
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:43 PM

Wow...3.004 seems to be an older version. Let's see i think we are up to 4.22 or something like that now. I know version 2.612 came out around oct of 05. So you're around mid to late 07 or possibly early 08 i'd guess. Stupid question maybe, but why don't you want to upgrade to a newer version? or can't you because of not taking advantage of the upgrades? I thought Microstudio could be installed on two puters? I only have it on one myself, but i thought you could download it on two puters?? Have you tried to install on a different computer using your current registration information? Just trying to be of help is all....
Old January 27th, 2010, 10:56 PM

Version 3.004 is an upgrade from 2.611 which I originally had. I bought 2.611 in 2005 and 3.004 in 2006. I have had Microstudio on two computers, one with Windows 2000 and the other had XP. Does the latest version import karaoke songs as BIN files or CDG files?

Microstudio hasn't gotten back to me yet so I don't think they know what the issue is at this point.
Old January 27th, 2010, 11:50 PM

Bin Files, but i'm not sure if the newest version will work on your 2000 system? I know it works on XP. Dale might know more about that. Microstudio has many wonderful new features, such as dual display, recording apps, key controller. A suggestion would be to check out the newest version of microstudio at mtu website. Perhaps try downloading the free trial version. The newest version will indeed work on your XP machine. I really think, if i were you, that would be the way i'd go. The new version of Microstudio is much more efficent then the very early versions. As our friend dale mentioned, do all your required updates on XP, and upgrade your hardware only through the manufacture's website. I hope i've given a little help here.
Old January 28th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator

Both versions import the files exactly the same way. The difference is the extension (BIN vs CDG). The reason for the naming chang was to allow Microstudio to work with MP3+G which actually has two files (an MP3 and a CDG) without confusing everyone.
The two files (BIN and CDG) still work exactly the same, are exactly the same size, burn back to CDs the same way.
As Musicman51 said, you really do need to update to 4.22 because so much work has been done on it to make it much better for everyone anddoes work with XP quite well. All of my computers are XP and no problems. Ignore the version number on the main page and the purchase page as they are wrong and the download you get will be the current version.
If you have previously imported files (CDG) Microstudio will change them (rename only) to BIN.
Old January 28th, 2010, 03:25 PM

The upgrade would install just fine as stated above. You have some type of Revmovable storage in your computer, such as a memory stick, flash drive, or even an SD type of card, such as a memory card for a camera, that now has some type of information on it.

Remove this piece of hardware from your system, then reinstall the software and it will work fine, most likely.

I would recommend upgrading and you should be fine also.
Old January 28th, 2010, 05:31 PM

I removed the hard drive with Windows XP that I wanted to reinstall Microstudio on and put it in my other computer in a spare bay and Microstudio installed. I then reinstalled it into the other computer and it works fine.

There was no external memory card or drive in place on the original computer as suggested. I am curious, why does MTU name the Microstudio back up disks "Harry Connick Jr.?
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossard View Post
I removed the hard drive with Windows XP that I wanted to reinstall Microstudio on and put it in my other computer in a spare bay and Microstudio installed. I then reinstalled it into the other computer and it works fine.

There was no external memory card or drive in place on the original computer as suggested. I am curious, why does MTU name the Microstudio back up disks "Harry Connick Jr.?
Good question.
Was the XP computer connected to the Internet when you tried to install Microstudio?
Old January 28th, 2010, 07:18 PM

Yes, it was connected.

This backup disk has always displayed "Harry Connick Jr" since I first used it. I never paid that much attention to it because I didn't have any issues with installation before.