MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 4th, 2009, 03:37 PM

Thinking of changing computers

My old trusty Compaq computer in my studio is starting to show signs of it's age. Our local computer store have a couple on sale been looking at. These have Windows 7 on them, and appear to be 64 bit? I would not be using this computer with hoster. Only Microstudio, Keyrite, and Home producer. Now do i go online to remove these programs, then reinstall on the new computer? what about my registration numbers? Any problems with the 64bit format? any problems with windows 7 and these programs? Are there changes that must be made to the computer like there are for hoster? If so, i will just sink more money into my old studio XP machine and continue using it untill finally it goes out all together...So what are my steps in doing this? George
Old December 4th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

George,
I hate to tell you this but Microstudio will not work with 64 bit anything. They are going to go back and look at it later, but my guess is it will be 3 months or more before they can work on that. They are deep in Hoster's next additions.
Have you checked Dell on-line? In their Small Business section they offer 32 bit XP, Vista or Windows 7 as options on their computers. Their prices are pretty cheap right now and they allow you to customized the computer with optional sound and video cards, extra memory and a lot more.
To remove the programs from your old computer, be connected to the internet and uninstall them. This should free up your registration codes though it may take a couple hours or so for it to take eddect.
As far as I know since all the programs went through the wringer with Vista, none are giving problems with Windows 7.
Old December 5th, 2009, 12:23 AM

oh poo....looks like i better keep "Old Faithful" for awhile. No biggie, she's still purring right along. I just thought of updating to catch up with the rest of the world was all. OK i'll sit tight for awhile. Thanks ever so much dale.
George
Old December 6th, 2009, 05:34 PM

George, i'm not sure how old your pc was, but i just upgraded ( fixed ) my friends old Dell pc ( 2002 ) about 2 wks ago. with the help of Registry Mechanic,can't remember the model,(he was gonna throw it away , blue screen and had to click on F1 to re-boot) all i did was replaced the memory to 2 gb, i could have put 4, replaced the nickel cell bat. and replaced ( cloned ) the hhd from 130 to 250g and blew out all the dust inside , for $150. ( parts ) labor was free and it's working like a charm..

Last edited by billyo; December 6th, 2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old December 7th, 2009, 09:08 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
George, i'm not sure how old your pc was, but i just upgraded ( fixed ) my friends old Dell pc ( 2002 ) about 2 wks ago. with the help of Registry Mechanic,can't remember the model,(he was gonna throw it away , blue screen and had to click on F1 to re-boot) all i did was replaced the memory to 2 gb, i could have put 4, replaced the nickel cell bat. and replaced ( cloned ) the hhd from 130 to 250g and blew out all the dust inside , for $150. ( parts ) labor was free and it's working like a charm..
I did a similar thing to my old Dell Dimension 8200 (2000). It still works like a charm.

Old December 7th, 2009, 02:34 PM

oops.... i didn't mean to imply that i was having any problems with my old compaq. It's working just dandy. I was just thinking of upgrading to a newer faster machine was all, mostly for my other music recording software programs.
No it's working for Microstudio and the other mtu programs {except Hoster Lite} better then most new machines work. Hoster Lite i keep on my show laptop all by itself. That laptop never goes online except to upgrade. Sorry for sending the wrong impression.
I may just order a new internal and external from mtu, i have many many hourson these two. Still working well though. It's kinda like an old car..should i get a new one, or still get a few miles out of the old one?????
Old December 7th, 2009, 03:36 PM

you can still get a few miles out of that old one, just change the oil when needed..( hhd. memory..etc )
Old December 7th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

George, try System Mechanic and that will help prolong it too by cleaning up the registry and clening and defragging the memory, hard drive, and registry. Keeps it running fadter and well worth the money.
Old December 7th, 2009, 04:44 PM

i second that, it's the best cleaner , did it to a friends 2002 Dell pc, and all my pc/laptops, did to my mini laptop and it repaired all the problems..