MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 7th, 2009, 01:04 PM

Change Key and record change

I downloaded Keyrite Demo... I just can't figure it out. My wife and I have our traveling CD's. On the label we have what key we sing each song in, like -2, 0 +1 etc., but not all places can change the octaves. We would like to rerecord our songs with the octive changes in place. You're suppose to be able to do it using Microstudio. Can anyone give me a step by step on how to do this?

Thanks,
Ernie
Old September 7th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

You will have to import them with Microstudio to your hard drive, then change the key on the imported files with Keyrite, saving them back to hard drive (it is best to save as a different file name like adding the key change to the end of the name before the extension), then burn the modified files to a CD with Microstudio.

Last edited by ddouglass; September 7th, 2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old September 7th, 2009, 10:01 PM

Dale,
I can't get it to work. I downloaded the disc into import in Microstudio. I then got out of Microstudio and opened Keyrite Demo, opened songs and then chose a song I wanted to change. I hit -2 for that song and when it started to play it would stop for maybe a quarter of a second and then continue for approximately 6 or 7 seconds and do it again. It kept doing this until it reached about half of the song and then stop completely. No matter which song I try this with it does the same thing. I have XP with all updates, microstudio 4.06, and of course Keyrite Demo. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks,
Ernie
Old September 7th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

That is because it is the demo version. It will not give you a complete song.
Old September 7th, 2009, 10:49 PM

Dale,
That doesn't make sense!! I always thought the Demo Version was to show you the benifits of how it works, generally with limits on how many times you could use it. So what their saying is... Buy it to try it! The sad thing is I wanted to try it to make sure it works before I buy it.

Thanks Again,
Ernie
Old September 7th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
Dale,
That doesn't make sense!! I always thought the Demo Version was to show you the benifits of how it works, generally with limits on how many times you could use it. So what their saying is... Buy it to try it! The sad thing is I wanted to try it to make sure it works before I buy it.

Thanks Again,
Ernie
Not in this case or any of MTU's programs that I know of. Did you save one with the lowered key? It will play but with gaps in it. That is how you try it to make sure it will work on your computer. Those demos that only work for a short time period can be gotten around if you know where to look to clear the fact that it was ever on your computer and can then re-install it to use the demo again, so that really isn't a good way to allow testing. Most of those Demos get around that by not allowing saving anything.
Old September 7th, 2009, 11:43 PM

Dale,
It's just good to know the gaps were intentional. I thought it just not working on my machine. The one mistake I made was to try it with one of my wifes disc, so I couldn't tell if it sounded right or not. Also, your right about people taking advantage. I'm glad I was born back in the good old days, because there's alot of things wrong in the world I see today!! Well, it's bedtime.

Take Care,
Ernie
Old November 28th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Ernie, I hear your pain. First, thank you for posting this. As I researched why you weren't aware of our "hampering", I discovered we don't inform you at all!

We will modify our Demo version to show the "hampering dialog" first thing when it runs. Then everyone will know. Somehow this got removed in the current demo (maybe earlier ).

The "gaps" you hear are where we are adding in low amplitude tone beeps to hamper the audio. That is the only way a software producer can protect an audio program.

We've tried other ways and they all get hacked.

Yes, the days of honesty and "paying for what you use" are gone. In 2000, our DNoise demo would only process a 2 minute length and then write it out. Within the month we release it, a French web site had captured our demo (so we got NO advantages at all) and over 40,000 people had downloaded it. Our sales went to 1 per month so you can see why we don't put out "working" demos any more. Sorry for that, but you can see if it will run on your computer.