MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 1 Help

Keyrite 1 Help Post Keyrite 1 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 2nd, 2001, 07:56 AM

Question

I loaded keyrite, everything was fine. It worked on a little .wav file I tried out. But, when I tried to alter a karaoke disk of mine, the songs on the disk show up as CD audio (.cda) rather than .cdg, even though the disk does say they are "CD+G" songs. I tried just typing the name in as xxxx.cda, but keyrite seemed to get bogged down and didn't do anything but flash the preview/stop button really fast.

Is there a way to access these files with keyrite so I can alter the pitch on them, or do I need something additional?
Old March 2nd, 2001, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Terry, how did you get the "cdg" file into the hard drive. It sounds to me like it really is a .wav file that you simply changed the name to .cdg --- and that won't work.

To read songs from a Karaoke CDG disc into the computer requires:
1. A CD-Recorder that can read and write the CDG format
2. A program like MTU's Microstudio that can import CDG files from the CDR, and write them back out after processing with KeyRite.

Do you have the 2 items above? If so, what are they?
Old March 2nd, 2001, 02:26 PM

Unhappy

I didn't realize that I would need software other than keyrite to read the CDG files, so I do not have Microstudio, or any other equivalent software. As for the CDRW, I was playing the CD using a DVD player which is in my faster computer (I have 3 at home), not realizing that CD player-type is important (the faster computer also has a Panasonic CDRW). I have a Sony CRX100E CDRW on my other, slower computer. Looks like I have some more buying to do...
Old March 3rd, 2001, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Terry, I'm sorry there was a confusion. I will make this clearer on our website.

You can download a free demo version of Microstudio from http://www.mtu.com that you can test your Sony CDRW with, which is capable of reading/writing the Karaoke CDG format. However, we have found that Sony never tested the CDG format, so your drive has a good chance it will not properly duplicate the CDG songs/discs. That is why we have our demo software.
Old December 28th, 2002, 12:48 AM

Unhappy Keyrite unoperational

I just purchased Keyrite and it doesn't work at all. I get STATIC
when i try to use Play Preview or Play. I need to make key changes for a New Year's Eve Party. Can anyone Please help

Thanks;
Positron
Old December 28th, 2002, 08:58 AM

POSITRON,
What type of source are you using? Sounds like perhaps something other than .wav.

George

Last edited by George; December 28th, 2002 at 11:28 AM.
Old December 28th, 2002, 09:34 AM

George;
Wav files work but when i load in a CDG all i get is STATIC when
i preview play or play the file from getright. What could be wrong?
Do you work for MTU? I have been trying to get help from anybody
at MTU can't seem to get help. Appreciate your help. I am using
Windows XP and have an Audigy Platinum ex Sound Card.

Thanks;
Positron
Old December 28th, 2002, 10:18 AM

No, I don't work for MTU. You just posted last night, and we are into the weekend, so MTU hasn't had time to help, have they?
You might do a search on AUDIGY. I recall seeing problems related to this soundcard discussed on the forums, but don't remember exactly what.

George
Old December 28th, 2002, 12:15 PM

POSITRON,
Just noticed on another thread you questioned the use of MP3.
If you downloaded the cdg's, and the audio portion of the cdg's you are using is in MP3 format, got a real strong hunch that's your problem. The industry standard for cdg audio is in .WAV format. That's why the Keyrite manual refers to opening files that are WAV or CDG. You can check this out easily if you have a commercially made cdg. (Sound Choice, Pocket songs, Chartbuster, etc.) Import a track of it to the hard drive and see if you have the same problem with it as you are having.

Take care,

George