MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 20th, 2002, 02:46 AM

suppoted burner

Unfortunately, my Plexwriter 12/10/32s will not even read the mediaclog discs from Soundchoice. Is there a burner available that will read these discs?
Old March 20th, 2002, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Exclamation Hummm....

It appears that older (maybe 2 years back?) CDR drives do not have the MediaCloq protection embedded in the drive hardware. Read in this Forum for some users that have them.

Keep this in mind when buying CDG discs. If you buy MediaCloq protected discs, you ENCOURAGE that manufacturer to continue doing this. If no one buys MediaCloq discs, they will get the message. Economic voting usually works.
Old March 21st, 2002, 12:13 PM

So the mediaclog is something that is pretty much universally a part of the burners hardware? I assume then that buying a newer drive or brand would not help. Have seen a few posts about copying success, but where would I be able to locate an older drive if it indeed will copy the clogged discs? Thanks
Old March 21st, 2002, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Wink Happenstance!

I am sure that the MediaCloq company et al do not want it known that there might be some CDR drives out there that might read discs with this protection. From what we can see, it appears the MediaCloq protection has something to do with hardware in newer drives. I had been told last year by Media Morphics in The Netherlands, the largest manufacturer of CD production line equipment (they use our Krystal DSP engine as their front end), that a protection was coming that would be embedded in the drives. This might be it.

At MTU, we have not verified there is/are drive(s) that can do this. We only have what is in this Forum to go on. However, it does appear that at least one older CDR drive will do this. Locate the Thread in this Forum (sorry, too busy or I'd do it), and post a message under it. He will receive a notice and I'm sure tell us all what the drive manufacturer and complete model number is (be sure to ask for both).

Where to find an older drive? Ebay, local computer stores that swap, your local newspaper, our Buy & Sell Forum. We have many audio studio clients who have older CDRs we have sold them that might be more than glad to sell and upgrade.
Old March 22nd, 2002, 03:10 PM
Frequent Member

Re: Happenstance!

Quote:
Originally posted by admin
I am sure that the MediaCloq company et al do not want it known that there might be some CDR drives out there that might read discs with this protection. From what we can see, it appears the MediaCloq protection has something to do with hardware in newer drives. I had been told last year by Media Morphics in The Netherlands, the largest manufacturer of CD production line equipment (they use our Krystal DSP engine as their front end), that a protection was coming that would be embedded in the drives. This might be it.

At MTU, we have not verified there is/are drive(s) that can do this. We only have what is in this Forum to go on. However, it does appear that at least one older CDR drive will do this. Locate the Thread in this Forum (sorry, too busy or I'd do it), and post a message under it. He will receive a notice and I'm sure tell us all what the drive manufacturer and complete model number is (be sure to ask for both).

Where to find an older drive? Ebay, local computer stores that swap, your local newspaper, our Buy & Sell Forum. We have many audio studio clients who have older CDRs we have sold them that might be more than glad to sell and upgrade.
I have had Success with an HP 8100 which I have seen regularly offered on Ebay.
Old March 22nd, 2002, 03:16 PM

I have a HP 8100 which works fine with CDG.

Last edited by Brian Corr; March 23rd, 2002 at 04:32 AM.
Old April 2nd, 2002, 09:39 AM

Question How About DVD-Roms

Do the DVD-ROMS have the ability to read Media Cloq??
Old April 2nd, 2002, 02:19 PM
Frequent Member

Re: How About DVD-Roms

Quote:
Originally posted by jim in ohio
Do the DVD-ROMS have the ability to read Media Cloq??
Unfortunately I don't know of any dvd based drives that will beat Media cloq as a DVD player will not play them. I know about it I've tried with my media cloq discs in my Apex Player. But I am lucky enough to have an old HP 8100 to copy the discs into a DVD player friendly version.