MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 29th, 2002, 09:17 PM

Errors in 2315 Demo

I d/l the demo version of 2315 to check this out. I can't seem to get it to work. Seems like it worked once the other day when I installed it but now it won't work at all. I even uninstalled and reinstalled it. Here's the error messages. Can someone shed some light on the situation please?

Upon startup getting dialog box WNASPINT - (12) Error reading DOSDEVICE information. Error =122

After clicking OK, then getting dialog box with message (40) The data area passed to a system call is too small.

After clicking OK here, the demo comes up but doesn't detect any drives and basically won't do anything.

I'm running Windows XP Pro.
Old April 2nd, 2002, 11:19 AM

Please update your ASPI drivers from: http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthr...p?threadid=493

This will allow you to get the drivers to work on your system.
Old April 2nd, 2002, 08:32 PM

I'm confused. Adaptec has released v4.70 of ASPI last month. I have that installed already. When I run aspichk.exe, the version that comes with v4.70 shows ASPI is installed correctly. When I run the one referred to by your link, it says ASPI is not installed correctly.

Is it possible that the Microstudio software is installing an older version? When I install the Microstudio software, NONE of my CD playing software works anymore. However, when I uninstall it, the other software begins working again.
Old April 3rd, 2002, 10:54 AM

What you can do is skip the Installation of the older Adaptec ASPI drivers in our Post V. 4.60 (1021) and leave your V. 4.7 installed. Once you install Microstudio, make the following change:

1) Open Microstudio
2) Go to the Drives Menu
3) Select ASPI Drivers...
4) Change this selection from "Use the MTU installed driver" to "Use the default driver"
5) Close Microstudio and reopen it for this to take affect.

This should change Microstudio to use the Adaptec V. 4.7 drivers.

I have no clue why you say that when you install Microstudio, it breaks your other Programs from working. This doesn't maike sense.