MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old September 30th, 2011, 07:24 PM

Cool Best Monthly Series for staying current

I was buying Star Disc Pop & Country each month. They quit & I started getting the Chartbuster Country & Pop Release each month, first they dropped to 12 songs, now to 8 (with vocal versions). I am looking for a good quality, but affordable way to stay up with new releases. Any suggestions?
Old September 30th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Best Monthly Series for staying current

I suppose it depends where your from, as I'm in the UK I get a Sunfly monthly hits which has 18 tracks per disc, Mr Entertainer also has 18 tracks. EZH do a by monthly and Zoom do about a 3 monthly Hits selection.

Another option is Downloads
Sunfly & Zoom are doing legal downloads, at least they are legal in UK.

For me to order chartbuster or pop hits monthly I would have quite large postal charges added.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old October 4th, 2011, 06:49 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post

Another option is Downloads
Sunfly & Zoom are doing legal downloads, at least they are legal in UK.
Roy,

I've been downloading Sunfly & Zoom MP3+G's from Tricerasoft that appears to be located in Calafornia (USA). They appear to be legit.

Have you heard anything about them?

Thanks!

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Operating System - Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit, SP1
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Hard Drive 1 Operating System: OCZ Vertex 4 (256gb)
Hard Drive 2 Music & Videos: Segate 1tb
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
Video Card - NVidia GeForce GT 445M,,3GB Ram, Dedicated
Video Driver - NVidia 306.97
K-Lite Codec MEGA Pack installed (v9.4)
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old October 4th, 2011, 07:24 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKelley View Post
Roy,

I've been downloading Sunfly & Zoom MP3+G's from Tricerasoft that appears to be located in Calafornia (USA). They appear to be legit.

Thanks!
Their website is on a California server, they are actually based in Brampton, Ontario - Canada.
According to posts made directly by them on another forum, they do claim do have license for each song they offer and are useable by kj's in pro shows.
Now it's debatable whether a UK license (which they are) is legal for use in the US since the MCPS state for worldwide use - minus US & Canada. I would think as long as licenses are obtained and paid for, the only thing we'd need to worry about is whether the club we play in secure their PR fees.
Those same tracks (Sunfly/Zoom) are also available via Selectatrack which state the same thing - and offer more companies. I prefer an actual disc and they offer that option (as well as downloads) where Tricerasoft doesn't offer anything but download.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions

Last edited by Lonman; October 4th, 2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old October 4th, 2011, 08:37 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post

I would think as long as licenses are obtained and paid for, the only thing we'd need to worry about is whether the club we play in secure their PR fees.
Lonman,

Thanks for the Info!

I have been saving all my purchase receipts (I carry them as well as all my disks to every show) just in case. There were 67 cases from Virginia Beach to Richmond and up to Arlington, VA of piracy. I think it was True Tone that went in search of and caught them.

I shall check the other site you mentioned, haven't run accross that one.

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old October 4th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKelley View Post
Roy,

Thanks!
Yes Ken, I have an account with them, they do Sunfly, Zoom, SBI Global, Karaoke Planet, Tropical Zone, Sing king, and recently state that they obtained the rights for Music Maestro.
You pay up front for some credits, then if you have internet access at your show and someone requests a song you don't have, you can download then without having to mess about with your credit card details.
I like Lonman prefer to have my music on disc and have a monthly Sunfly hits sent to me, but the above idea is handy for the odd song request you don't have.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old October 4th, 2011, 08:43 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Yes Ken, I have an account with them, they do Sunfly, Zoom, SBI Global, Karaoke Planet, Tropical Zone, Sing king, and recently state that they obtained the rights for Music Maestro.
You pay up front for some credits, then if you have internet access at your show and someone requests a song you don't have, you can download then without having to mess about with your credit card details.
I like Lonman prefer to have my music on disc and have a monthly Sunfly hits sent to me, but the above idea is handy for the odd song request you don't have.
Thanks Roy!

The very feature of downloading a song I don't have has really amazed the singers and keeps them coming back! There have only been a couple requests that were not there (very recent music).

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Ram - 8.00GB
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old October 5th, 2011, 10:08 AM

I liked the selectatract site, never found that one before. The album price seems fare, individual tracks are a little steep at $3.00... How do you get reciepts when you download these tracks?
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:55 PM

I have been using those services as well. But i have to say that in my area I seem to be the only legit host. I walked into a karaoke lounge the other day after my own early show had ended and the host was actualy streaming? stealing a song off of Kara Fun's website I watched and she did it all night long. This was a Karaoke lounge. Talk about piracy. In my area the biggest company / host is also a pirate. He pays his help 50 bucks a night and it is all pirated music and he has a lock on most places in town because yep he is the cheapest one going. No one is doing a damned thing about it. And yes I have reported it several times no one I write to even acknowledges my emails much less does anything about it. It is like shoveling *&^% against the tide.
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbikeerrob View Post
I have reported it several times no one I write to even acknowledges my emails much less does anything about it
I found out very early in life that if one is gonna be a nark... one must live their lives es in perfection cause someone will come along and nark on me for something I'm doing wrong, just like I was willing to do to the other guy.

I always had mixed feelings about being a nark... it's have to be something seriously against the law like murder er something before I'd be a nark.

I know that may tick some folks off, but what we sow is what we reap.
No way around that, so what we do to others is what is going to come back to us.

I figure on this karaoke stuff, if a guy is cheatin... it'll catch up to him since the publishers do stand a chance to at least get assets from the venue.

Last edited by Rockrz; May 21st, 2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old March 8th, 2017, 01:03 PM

Just use a credit card (not a debit card)... and if they take a payment that is un-authorized you have the right under banking regulations to have your bank reverse it.

Problem solved... or rather avoided before it even happens.