MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 9th, 2004, 06:23 PM

graphic problem with 2.604

I recently upgraded from 2.315 to 2.604. Since the upgrade I have problems with the grahics. Sometimes the lines don't clear and new lines come up on top of the old ones. And on some discs, the heading doesn't go away and the words start playing over top of the heading. Has anybody had this problem. I use windows XP home and my cards do support directX 9, which I have on my system. I didn't have this problem with 2.315. It has to be in the 2.604 software. Please help.
Old June 11th, 2004, 10:58 AM

A favor?

Can you do me, and maybe others, a favor? I will one day upgrade my video card so that my system supports Direct x 9.0. I have similar problems to what you describe but I thought my problems would be solved by finding a 9.0 compatible card. You say yours is compatible but you still have troubles. What are the components in your system? I would like to avoid cards that don't work.
Old June 11th, 2004, 11:17 AM

I hace a radeon 7000 but trust me, it's not the card that is the problem. It's microstudio's software. It did it before I put this card in and good luck getting help from them. I've e-mailed them twice about it and they won't even respond. So much for buying their hoster program. I'm just going to get another cdg player/burner.
Old June 11th, 2004, 02:01 PM

I copied this product description of the Radeon 7000 from ATItech

Powered by the RADEON™ 7000 (a.k.a RADEON VE) graphics processor
HYDRAVISION™ Multiple Monitor Management Software gives you flexible multi-display support to enable many combinations of VGA, DVI and TV
ATI HYPER Z™ technology reduces memory bandwidth consumption resulting in improved 3D performance
Incredible 3D graphics performance with ATI PIXEL TAPESTRY™ 3D rendering engine
Supports DirectX® 7.0, DirectX® 8.0 and OpenGL®
DVD playback with integrated motion compensation and iDCT
Supports 3D resolutions (32-bit color) up to 2048x1536
AGP 2.0 Compliant BUS - AGP 2X (3.3V), AGP 4X (1.5V), or AGP2X/4X based systems, PCI 2.2 compliant - PCI-33 and PCI-66, or Universal PCI based systems
Designed and manufactured by ATI
Featuring CATALYST™ - ATI's industry-leading software suite with frequently scheduled free updates providing additional features and performance over the product's lifetime

It seems that your current card isn't 9.0 compliant. What card were you using before this one??

Like you, I have had some occasions to be upset by the "customer service" I bought one product, Karaoke Home Producer, at a price 1 and 1/2 times what it costs now. Compared to now, it had some big problems. Even though I paid more then, I had to pay for the upgrade to a more satisfactory working version! Also, I feel a little abandoned that the system requirements for MTU's products are passing me by and I need to shell out more for differences that I don't think are as important as others I would like to see. That being said, I like the quality of the products and the forum system isn't all that bad. (When I talk about shelling out, I'm referring mostly to my system, not software upgrades)

I am reading about some affordable new cards that ATI is getting ready to release that support 9.0. I am looking forward to those.
Old June 11th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by svctech
I hace a radeon 7000 but trust me, it's not the card that is the problem. It's microstudio's software. It did it before I put this card in and good luck getting help from them. I've e-mailed them twice about it and they won't even respond. So much for buying their hoster program. I'm just going to get another cdg player/burner.
First, I am sorry you feel that we are not supporting you. However, you have a right to your feelings and I recognize that. Everyone in this forum has feelings too, and if you want to insult us all, please realize that other users who may help you, may get turned off by your attitude.

Second, we try VERY HARD to make it clear that OUR FORUMS are OUR SUPPORT. You state you have sent 2 emails to MTU. Do you know if we received them? We don't know that we received them. We have an anti-spam program running on our mail server that we suspect may remove some good emails too. We have a second anti-spam program that "evaluates" emails that get through the first filter, and when we get 1500 emails to look at and this anti-spam program says that an email is "probably spam", it gets deleted. Period! We don't look at the 1500 to see if one is incorrectly rated. EMAIL IS NOT RELIABLE. Please understand that.

That is precisely why we ask you use our Forums.
1. You see your post.
2. You know it is there for us to see.
3. It is not spam and no program is filtering it out.
4. Other users can see and answer if they know the answer.

So, if you email us, there is an excellent chance we will NEVER RECEIVE it.

Work with us. Follow our RECOMMENDED way to get support, not blame us for the spam and viruses we don't create but, like you, suffer from.

Now, I have never heard of the problems you are reporting. From the thousands of users who have downloaded the FREE 2.604 upgrade. What facts have you given us to work with. Please read this FAQ Answer for how to ask for help.

Because so many users are not having problems, it appears like your problem is with your system and some upgrade in Microstudio 2.604. We don't know what that is right now. If you tell us more about your computer and Windows OS, we stand a chance of helping you. I suggest you also run DXDIAG on your system and attach the log file to a post under this thread. That will give us more information than you can manually provide us.

We will do everything we can to help you run the new upgrade, if you provide us with facts, and leave the emotions behind.

Thank you.
Old June 11th, 2004, 03:57 PM

Jahern,

Take care when selecting an ATI video card. There are two types available.

1- MADE BY ATI..exactly as it implies.
2-POWERED BY ATI...made by other manufactures using the rights to some ATI patents. Sold cheaper than the MADE BY ATI, and have been known to cause problems.

I've been using a MADE BY ATI Radeon 7500 dual display card for almost two years now with no problems. It supports DirectX9.0b.

As you found the ATI 7000 does not support DirectX 9.0b, which Microstudio now requires.

Take care,

George
Old June 11th, 2004, 06:44 PM

ATI Card

Quote:
I hate to inform you but I believe it's your ATI card that is the problem! I have an ATI 7000 (built by) & I just couldn't get it to work with Micro and other Karaoke software I tried (demo).

I've said this before, ATI started having problems with their older model in around October 2003 when they updated the driver. If you happen to have an older driver like August 03 I suggest you reinstall & it will fixe the problem. I used to be a BIG fan of ATI but now it's a nightmare for Karaoke (older model).

Regards
Old June 13th, 2004, 02:06 PM

Previous ATI Driver

svctech,

I took the time to test this Radeon 7000 (built by) and you're right, the graphic doesn't work properly but it's a driver problem that could be fixed if you go back to previous version.

I went back to previous driver which is dated August 13, 2003 and it did fix the problem! This driver I believe is the original version or the Windows XP version?

This card is not DirectX 9.0 but it will still work correctly with Microstudio BUT only with this driver.

Hope this help...
Old June 13th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Thumbs up Excellent diagnostic work mlepine!

Great work Mike!

This is an excellent example how a user with the same hardware (that MTU may not have) has solved the problem.

We will still research to see if it is possible for us to "reduce" the Windows Requirements, but I am doubtful. When we use a DirectX function in Microsoft's DevStudio, we have no way of knowing which of the hundreds of directx modules it requires, and which version of DirectX (7.0, 8.0, 9.0, 9.0a, 9.0b) it is available in.

Further, just as you have pointed out, the video driver may well be the problem.

As technology advances so fast today, graphics card vendors RARELY maintain the latest upgrades in their video drivers. You can find this same problem-solution several places in these Forums.

When there is a graphics problem, suspect the card first. If it is MTU's software fault, you will see MANY, MANY, MANY posts about it as soon as we release. If there are only one or two posting a problem (like svctech), it is highly likely it is a graphics card problem.

Again, thanks Mike for an excellent diagnostic job.

Now, svctech, does this solve your problem? We're all waiting to hear if you are up and running now.
Old June 13th, 2004, 11:36 PM

I apologize for being harsh before. I was relying on information from a dealer selling me the card. I would like to know where I could find the old driver for my card. I went to ati website and did not find one dated Aug. 13, 2003. Could you send me the driver I need ?
Old June 14th, 2004, 02:07 AM

You can find all old drivers for your ATI Radeon 7000 by clicking this link

Good luck,

Jon
Old June 14th, 2004, 10:07 AM

Quote:
I apologize for being harsh before. I was relying on information from a dealer selling me the card. I would like to know where I could find the old driver for my card. I went to ati website and did not find one dated Aug. 13, 2003. Could you send me the driver I need ?
The ATI site doesn't have the 08-13-03 date because it's the Windows driver so I would suggest you take the 07-15-03 & if it works fine you might want to try the next one until you get that same problem so this way you'll know where the problem started?

Good Luck & let us know
Old June 21st, 2004, 03:42 PM

downgrading to 2.506

I recently installed 2.604 on my pc. I found out that my new graphics card is not compatable with directX 9 but is with directX 8. Instead of going through the expense of buying another new card, can't I just downgrade to 2.506. I have a plextor 52-24-52 so I know I need atleast this version but do I have to have directX 9 for it ? Seeing that I already paid for the upgrade, and this is my cheapest way out at the time, is this possible ?
Old June 21st, 2004, 09:30 PM

Question Video Card

Have you tried your video card with all updates from Windows including DirectX 9.0?

Even know your card is not directx 9.0 it should still work?

It's the DirectX 9.0 from Windows that you need... Microstudio should work with older cards?

I would keep the latest version 2.604 for it's qualities, no more mutes, better sound...

Regards
Old June 21st, 2004, 11:02 PM

I was told that in order for 2.604 to work, that you had to have directX 9 with a compatible video card. I have a Radeon 7000 that only supports up to 8X. I was told that I could go back and find old drivers and that would fix my problem but I downloaded a couple and it didn't work. My card is new and I hate to keep upgrading video cards just to keep up with software upgrades. I also use an all-in-wonder card and that's not in compliance either. I'd love to find a driver to make my radeon work. Any suggestions ?
Old June 21st, 2004, 11:07 PM

My card will actually work with some cds, but very few. What happens is the previous lines from the songs remain and the new lines just come up over the old ones. Another problem I am having with other discs is the song title and graphics stay on the screen and the words just start playing over top of it. I can't figure it out. I just know I didn't have these problems with 2.315 and was actually happy with that version. Never had a problem.
Old June 22nd, 2004, 09:23 AM

Catalyst 3.6

Quote:
My card will actually work with some cds, but very few. What happens is the previous lines from the songs remain and the new lines just come up over the old ones. Another problem I am having with other discs is the song title and graphics stay on the screen and the words just start playing over top of it. I can't figure it out. I just know I didn't have these problems with 2.315 and was actually happy with that version. Never had a problem.
Click on this link & download catalyst 3.6 dated July 2003.

http://www.ati.com/support/products/...usdrivers.html

Let us know if your graphic is better.

Regards
Old June 22nd, 2004, 11:18 AM

I've already tried the 3.6 upgrade. It didn't help. I don't know if I should go back further or go to a newer upgrade.