MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 7th, 2008, 03:44 PM

Angry WHat steams you the most!!!

When dealing with patrons I know we all have to deal alot of idiots and we have to set rules for singers. The one thing that gets me when a new singer comes into our place they are told the rules they are posted in the books and reminded several times a night.
The one thing that kills me is when these new people decide hey these rules aren't for me I am just going to do what I want. Mind you I almost never have to say anything to anybody but Last night I had this girl come up to me (DRUNK).Figure that ha-ha. Well she totally disrespected the other regular singers by grabbing the Mic, bringing her drink around the equipment(MY BIGGEST PET PEEV) and demanding that I let her sing.
For one when a person is this drunk I cut them off and tell them to come back another night. The next thing she says to me was well when so and so is here he would get me up as many times as I want. Well I told her so and so is not here and this is not so and so's show if you prefer to sing with him then I suggest you come when he is here. I run a fair and profesional show and I do a fair rotation so everybody can sing and have fun I don't expect my other singers to have to deal with somebody trying to hog the limelight because they are so drunk they expect to be the center of attention.Have any of you ever had to deal with Drunks like this if so how have you handled it. I finially had to get the Bouncer to come over and tell her to leave and I hate doing it but I had to draw the line somewhere. AND I GUESS This would qualify for a BAD NIGHT. When running a 30-40+ rotation people like this are hard to deal with. One more Question do you think I am wrong to cut off a singer who is to intoxicated and tripping over other patrons, grabbing the mic, and being disrespectful..... any good advice would be great.
XP Home 5.1.2600 SP 3 Build 2600 TOSHIBA Satellite L25 System Type X86-based PC Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel 1496 Mhz TOSHIBA V1.50 SMBIOS Version 2.34 PM 256.00 MB VM 2.00 GB 250GB ex hd ATI