MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 10th, 2009, 10:11 PM

Cool How dumb do you know I am

OK OK .....Oh yea Hello all and regards too. So I know nothing.
#1. I think I just want to use Hoster, as I have in the past, and I think it rips only into KMA.........RIGHT
#2. If I buy this software, is it restricted to one PC only or am I free to move it around........( ? )
Thank you very much.....jimmy

PS will it do all we would need for Microstudio also
Old October 11th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Crosby View Post
OK OK .....Oh yea Hello all and regards too. So I know nothing.
#1. I think I just want to use Hoster, as I have in the past, and I think it rips only into KMA.........RIGHT
#2. If I buy this software, is it restricted to one PC only or am I free to move it around........( ? )
Thank you very much.....jimmy

PS will it do all we would need for Microstudio also
Yes it rips (imports) only into KMA files. You can install it on two computers for a full Hoster license and one computer for each Hoster Lite license.
That depends on what you want it to do. Read the pages on the main web site about each program and see if Hoster will do what you need.
Old October 16th, 2009, 09:16 PM

Red face I'm sorry,

First, thank you Dale for the info.
I'm sorry, cause what I meant to ask and what I did ask was two different things.
OK let me try again......# 1....I own 4 Hosters and have been using it from 2003, but I have had head injury's and don't keep up with current events, my last update was Hoster 3.3 and I was not sure that KMA was still what we got when we rip into the newer version of Hoster....
So thank you for that answer.
About #2. what I really wanted to know was, is songverter restricted to one PC only or what ............... and I swear Dale I have read the store web page, but I must confess I keep very bad headaches from reading, that is my reason for asking and I certainly did not mean to seem lazy, like I have not done my home work. However I could find (or just missed it) nothing about what you could do as far as using songverter on one than one PC, or is it movable.............
I probaly do not even need this program, but I have the remover, keything and microstudio and more. So I said to myself,,,,,,,,,I'll ask Dale or one of the other great, helpful, and dedicated folks on the forum. I knew Beavis would not reply )))cause it would take two lines((( <I do like his answers>
So guys ...... [do I need this] and [can I move it] from one PC to another???
Thank you many times over......I really did get hit in the head very hard...........But I love MTU and all you devoted fans, sort of like family here .................. later ... jimmy
Old October 17th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Jimmy I do believe that Songverter is a 1 computer license. I couldn't find it either on the website about how many for it. But since it doesn't say then I would say that means only one.
Movable? Yes, but if you have an older versions then you will definately have to uninstall it from the current location (while connected to the internet) and then send a Support email to get your registration reset for that computer, then install it in the new location when you get confirmation. If you have the current version you should be able to do it without having to submit the support email.
Do you need it? That depends on what you need to do. You do not want to use it to convert any files to KMA, but let Hoster do that by Importing. Songverter is goos if you need to convert a file or files to another format such as having a music program other than Hoster that will not play the file because it is the wrong format.
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:40 PM

Dale, thank you very much.

Yes thank you again Dale, your always there for us, me, we, whatever.
OK I will stick to ripping with Hoster and importing too. I am sure I will need this sooner or later. See you soon.......I'm sure, cause I got Hoster running on my main PC (I love it) so now all I have to do is get Hoster lite going on 2 laptop's plus Hoster going on one laptop. That should take the rest of this week. Thank you........jimmy