MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old November 15th, 2007, 06:47 PM

MTU Certified Burner / Vista

Hello,

We just purchased a MTU Certified Internal Burner in which we mounted in an External USB Enclosure. We had a Plextor installed in the External USB Enclosure but it wasn't giving us clean graphics which is why we upgraded to the MTU Drive. The computer won't recognize the drive though, and the External Enclosure keeps blinking (The Blue Light just like on your External USB Drive Enclosure). There is a USB Mass Storage Device listed in the device manager which has a driver issue. I am not sure where to download the drivers, it looks like the drive is a Sony/NEC.

We are using Windows Vista 32 bit

Thanks!

Tim
Old November 15th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Try deleting the bad USB storage device, remove (unplug) the drive from the computer. Restart the computer, then plug the drive back in and see if it will install correctly. The drivers are standard CD drive drivers.
Old November 15th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Administrator

We spend a lot of time choosing the USB products we sell. It's not a piece of cake to ship working product.

First try getting the drive installed directly in the computer versus in an USB case. Then, when you have the drive working directly with Vista, you can move to try integrating it into the USB case and getting it working with Vista.
Old November 16th, 2007, 12:01 AM

Fixed It

While I was waiting for replies, I tried a few things inlcuding dowloading and installing the ASPI drivers from the MTU site, although it didn't mention that they were compatible with Windows Vista, it seemed to correct the issue. It would have been impossible to put the drive into our computer without the enclosure because it's a notebook

Thanks for the responses though!

Tim