MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old July 27th, 2004, 09:17 AM

New Plextor PX-W5224TA and Microstudio

I just installed a new Plextor PX-W5224TA purchased from MTU. The reason I purchased this drive is because the new Sony CRX-230E burner that I had bought couldn't be detected by my version of Microstudio (V2.314). Upon first installing the Plextor, I could not start Microstudio (ERROR 1706 message). I removed and reinstalled Microsudio and then was able to bring up Microstudio but Microstudio would not detect the Plextor or the Sony as karaoke drives. I updated my aspi drivers to V 1.20 , rebooted and still the same result. I renamed file wnaspin.dll to wnaspin.old, rebooted, and then got the same error message as before (ERROR 1706). I removed and reinstalled Microstudio again. Microstudio again comes up but will not detect the drives. I started to do the Nero thing, but I am not have Nero installed on my computer. I use Roxio Easy CD Creator 6 to burn audio and data cd's. I am using home edition of XP. Any hints or suggestions? This all started when my Sony CRX-160 drive apparently failed. It was working perfectly with the Microstudio and Roxio Easy CD Creator 6.
Old July 28th, 2004, 05:49 AM
Administrator

Re: New Plextor PX-W5224TA and Microstudio

Microstudio 2.314 will not recognize the new Plextor drive. You need to order the upgrade and get 2.605, which is now shipping.
Old July 28th, 2004, 06:16 AM

Ordered the update and the Plextor now works but the sony doesn't. Is it possible to have 2 burners installed at the same time.
Old July 28th, 2004, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by prober
Ordered the update and the Plextor now works but the sony doesn't. Is it possible to have 2 burners installed at the same time.
Yes, but... you can only have one selected for the Reading Drive and one selected for the Writing Drive. You can set these in the Duplicate Disc Tab.