MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old March 7th, 2004, 08:14 PM

Need Info on CD+G Duplication

I am New to the KJ Scene and Have Close to 300 Karaoke Cd's that I need to make Back-up copies of and to take to Gigs.

There was a Local KJ that while he was loading all his Gear someone walked away with his entire collection of Discs and effectively put him out of business. With that thought in mind I have been trying to figure out what is needed minimum to make copies of my discs.

I have read quite abit on this web-site about the Microboards QD-2 and have also seen the Software / Burner options that all seem to come in at about the same prices when totaled.

Of the Folks here on the board is there anyone who can give an opinion as to which way to go. Ease of use is important. Also is there any Fidelity lost or other problems that I could expect with ne copies.

Thanks for your Help!
John
Old March 8th, 2004, 10:48 AM

Thumbs up Micro & Plextor

John,

If you have a computer (I guess you do), I would recommend you get Microstudio combine to a Plextor burner and you're in business!!

That's the way to go, it's cheap and you will be surprised to see that your back up done with these two product will give you a better result than the original!

You have the option to buy the Plextor thru MTU or at a good retail store. The advantage is that MTU test each of them to make sure it's perfect for CDG.

Regards
Old March 8th, 2004, 06:26 PM

Thanks mlepine, I will check it out. Would you need two new CD Roms one to read and one to write or does the software store it in the computer and then write to the blank once the original has been removed?

thanks for the assist!
Old March 8th, 2004, 06:49 PM

Smile Only one

Just one Plextor will do the whole job. It will store in hard drive than copy to CDR.

Have fun!
Old March 9th, 2004, 09:50 AM

Mlepine is correct. That is all you would need John.
Old May 11th, 2004, 07:29 PM

One thing I have learned through 15 years of Professional computer experience is "Just enough information is not going to let you necessarily make the right decision the first time" and none of us really want to spend the money twice if we don't have to, but... you can read what I have experienced and go from there, if you wish. http://www.westcoastkaraoke.com/newsletter/in-sites.htm

I use two Plextor 48x24x48a drives, DiscJuggler for "Backing up" my karaoke cd's and MTU's Microstudio and Keyrite for custom compilations to fit my vocal needs.

also, some of Top-Tunes and Sound Choice's cds are MediaClog protected, the older version of this you can pull all but the last track off with microstudio and the last track with discjuggler, reburn the last track and transfer it into microstudio format, then reburn the entire cd. The new Sound Choice protection format won't let you do this. Something about a cd+g #2 format, the first part of the track has an .mpg extention on it

Karl