MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Closed Thread

Old May 8th, 2011, 10:51 PM

Re: another gem related problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbikeerrob View Post
ok it loaded the kma files but they are all named things like #01-1.kma and so on i expanded the file name header but still the whole name is still
#01-1.kma there is nothing to edit, no title, simply the kma file name where are the titles? oh and please explain what you mean by OS in your post
Guess what, I didn't realize they were all KMA files. A previous post by Roy was asking if they were downloaded as Zip files and that's what I was thinking. Unfortunately being KMA files, I can't think of any way you can do what your trying to do except doing it one by one through the edit utility in Hoster. If your talking only about the Gem Series, and there aren't an outrageous amount of songs, you would have to find which ones they are, take them from your database, (KMA folder), delete them, rebuild your database so Hoster knows they are no longer there, and redownload them. Except I would download to a folder on your desktop. Once in there, you can use FR to correct the problems, and then import into Hoster. Once they're imported, Hoster will assign KMA numbers like you posted above, ie., #01-1.kma, but when you do the search and the songs come up they won't have the underscores in the title. That will probably be quicker than correcting them one by one.
Old May 8th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, stop. This is getting way to complicated and even I can't follow what is being said.
Rob,
What version of Hoster are you using?

Do you still have the original folder on your desktop that you imported these from?

Did you import them as KMA or KMH format?

Answer these first and Emilio please hold off on your posts until we get some answers from Rob and try to direct him in accomplishing this project.
Old May 9th, 2011, 10:15 AM

Thanks dale I got it. I am using the latest and greatest hoster so that's not the problem. I am also using windows XP. Everything is ok. I will simply keep on keeping on. It is the gem series that is the problem. Their silly/ moronic use of the underscore. Oh and " Emillo" there are at least 4800 songs like that that i have to change. Oh well it will keep me busy for several more weeks but hey once it is done wooohooo. I will be able to update my songbooks and life will be good again. lol I want to thank everyone for all their help. I also suggested to MTU that they incorporate a search and replace feature into the edit songs feature. That alone would solve many many problems. But life goes on and as they say this too shall pass I understand from admin that "find and replace" is 95% finished and should be out in version 5.10 woohoo now i know when i will buy the rest of the sound choice gem series lol. Again my thanks to all of you.

Last edited by djbikeerrob; May 9th, 2011 at 10:38 AM. Reason: I am only fluent in typo
Closed Thread