MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 5th, 2003, 08:42 PM

Placing lyrics

Can anyone tell me why when I go to place my lyrics it seems to slow down everything??? For instance when I push the spacebar to place a lyric It Highlights the word and then everything seems to go in slow motion....except for the music. By the time I am able to place the next word the song iss already way way wayyyyyy ahead of me... Any suggestions???? PLEASE HELP
Mike buffalo24@hotmail.com
Old March 6th, 2003, 10:22 PM

Placing lerycs

WHEN PLACING LYRICS WITH THE MUSIC. I believe it would be simular to editing video or graphics it has to render. Try typing it through all the way. Then try playing it .lerics should run in sinc with music. Steve tamtomboo@msn.com
Old March 6th, 2003, 10:59 PM

Mike,

Don't understand what you mean when you say:

"By the time I am able to place the next word the song iss already way way wayyyyyy ahead of me..."

The longer you delay tapping the spacebar, the longer the sweep will stay on a word. You control that by tapping the spacebar. Just stay with the music, and tap each word as it's turn comes up, just as though you were singing it. As far as that goes, sing along with the music and tap each word just as you begin to sing it.
If you do all that and when you play the track back the sweep is badly out of sync, there may be a system problem. System requirements are listed under Computer Requirements in the Kpro manual.

Hope this helps.

George

Last edited by George; March 7th, 2003 at 08:29 AM.
Old March 7th, 2003, 03:46 PM

Thanx for your help guys. George I will try again When I tap the sapce bar I go right with the music. Now here is where the problem is.. I tap it for the first word of the song and even though Ikeep tapping for the follow up lyrics it does not keep up with my tapping. I did however find that changing my display setting \s from 24 true color to 16 bit high color sped up the process somewhat. I hope that I cleared up what my problem is. The reason I know something isnt right is because the demo version was dead on. When I tapped the space bar it would go right to the next word and be waiting for me to tap where as now when I tap It slowly goes to the next word and when the tempo picks up a bit I cannot keep up because the underlined part is still highlighting something that I tapped seconds ago even though I had tapped the space bar many times since......If This doesnt work i give up lol Thabnx for the help any other suggestions?
Old March 7th, 2003, 03:47 PM

hey steve do you mean typing all the lyrics into the lyrics screen rather than importing them from another source???
Old March 7th, 2003, 04:05 PM

Mike,

Now I gotcha. Wierd.

I assume you're running DirectX 8.1 or better. Have you also gone into your video card (not burner)MFG's site and downloaded any Driver support they may have for Direct X 8.1 or better?

Typing the lyrics or importing them shouldn't make any difference. I never type lyrics anymore. A lot of the guys don't.

George

Last edited by George; March 7th, 2003 at 05:57 PM.
Old March 7th, 2003, 05:10 PM

Please Post your Dxdiag file on this post. You can do this from: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?...=1043#post1043

This will give me some information about your Video card, but it sounds that your card insn't correctly updated or its not fast enough for the software to run on.
Old March 8th, 2003, 12:07 PM

Thanx for your help here is the info you requested...Do I need to do anything else???
Mike
Old March 8th, 2003, 11:55 PM

Question

Mike,

At first glance, from reading your DXDiag, it appears that you may need a new video card. The one you currently have is totally inadequate for Karaoke. Your card has an S3 chip and only 4 MB of memory.

MTU’s karaoke products require a video card (but not an S3 video card) with at least 8MB or more of RAM.

In my opinion, you will need a new video card, preferably a video card manufactured by ATI. That should fix your problem.

Good luck,

Jon

Last edited by jaddams; March 10th, 2003 at 04:02 PM.
Old April 7th, 2003, 01:16 PM

highlighting and music out of sync

I used to have similar problems, and I read somewhere in this forum that I should check my settings for my sound card.
By clicking the sound and multimedia icon, under the control panel, I gained access to the settings on the card. By putting the hardware acceleration setting at the "minimum required" point, the problem was cleared.
Hope this helps.