MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 21st, 2007, 11:28 PM

Vogone registration

First, I purchased my initial software and CD burner about 5 years ago from MTU, and at that time, there were, in fact, very helpful, living human beings to speak with. When I purchased this updated software, I was not aware things had changed.
I am unfamiliar with this process, so I have no idea where to type my questions. I am in the page for questions on Vogone, so that is where I am directing the question. If I am supposed to be somewhere else, then kindly direct me to that location. I read the user requirements. I have internet connection. I do not have a floppy drive, nor do I have a memory stick. I have never heard of a memory stick. Can I skip registration? Most programs offer you the choice of registering at a later time. I am not trying to be difficult. I simply would like to be able to use the product I purchased. I am not a computer expert.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnksnger View Post
First, I purchased my initial software and CD burner about 5 years ago from MTU, and at that time, there were, in fact, very helpful, living human beings to speak with. When I purchased this updated software, I was not aware things had changed.
Progress does require change. Without enough employees to support telephone support MTU chose the best way they could, to provide this forum where we can help each other and if that doesn't work then Support Center Tickets to get MTU to help via email.

Quote:
I am unfamiliar with this process, so I have no idea where to type my questions. I am in the page for questions on Vogone, so that is where I am directing the question. If I am supposed to be somewhere else, then kindly direct me to that location.
You are in the correct area, but needed to start your own topic or "thread" as it is called in forumese. When you open a forum by clicking on it (like Vogone Help) there is a button at the top of the topics list called "New Thread." If you click on that you start a new topic. Easy as that.

Quote:
I read the user requirements. I have internet connection. I do not have a floppy drive, nor do I have a memory stick. I have never heard of a memory stick. Can I skip registration? Most programs offer you the choice of registering at a later time. I am not trying to be difficult. I simply would like to be able to use the product I purchased. I am not a computer expert.
Let's get down to your problem. Before we can help you we need some more information.
What type of internet connection do you use?
What operating system is on your computer?
Are you running a firewall program? You can turn this off temporarily to install the program, then turn it back on. The best way I have found though is to add http://www.mtu.com to your trusted sites in your Internet Options and then you won't have that problem again.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 05:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I am unfamiliar with this process, so I have no idea where to type my questions. I am in the page for questions on Vogone, so that is where I am directing the question. If I am supposed to be somewhere else, then kindly direct me to that location. I read the user requirements. I have internet connection. I do not have a floppy drive, nor do I have a memory stick. I have never heard of a memory stick. Can I skip registration? Most programs offer you the choice of registering at a later time. I am not trying to be difficult. I simply would like to be able to use the product I purchased. I am not a computer expert.
Thank you for using our Forums!

I too am sorry that we don't offer phone support any more. However, for a $19.99 upgrade that saves you $30, we simply can't afford to put a technically competent person on the phone.

A memory stick, or RAM Drive (there are other names I just don't remember right now), is a USB device that can be used like a portable hard drive. I didn't own one either until about 2 months ago. I went to Radio Shack to get one... a 1 Gigabyte little stick about 2" x 0.5" x 0.25". I use it a lot now to transfer files between home and work.

Read this page: http://www.mtu.com/faq/faq-install.htm#NoFloppyDrive for more instructions on registering with a Memory Stick.

We are all waiting for your answers to Dale's questions. They will help us understand your computer setup to help you.

Registering our software is the only way we can stay in business to develop new products, and upgrade existing ones, and be here at all to help you. Otherwise, our software would be all over the world for free via theft sites on the Internet. It is a way of life we have been forced into.