MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 27th, 2004, 10:33 PM

Question Microstudio

I have version 2.400. Never received an e-mail to update to a later version?

Can you help me on this.

Also, In trying to duplicate a karaoke disk in microstudio, I get an error that reads: "Error Read TOC Command failed on device
1:1:0 illegal command request (04h 00h 02h 05h 24h 00h)

I have a plexwriter 24-10-40A burner.
I am running Windows ME.

Would appreciate any help.

Sandy Puterbaugh
Old July 7th, 2004, 11:06 PM

Sandy,
It sounds as if you drive is going bad. At least for Karaoke, you only get this error when you have a problem with the drive or your drive doesn't support Karaoke. All of the Plextor drives work for Karaoke.

Have you been using this drive and just got the problem?

Also, their would have been an email sent to you at one time about upgrading from 2.400, but they are not sent every time there is an upgrade. You can see when Updates are available from http://www.mtu.com/support/news.htm

To get an update from 2.400 you would need to purchase the Upgrade from $15 from: http://www.mtu.com/store/merchant.mv...Yes&Quantity=1
Old July 8th, 2004, 09:42 PM

Thanks for your reply. I don't use this software enough to know how long I may have been having this problem. At one time, I could burn a Karaoke disk with no problem. Anyway, the only way around it was to burn to the hard drive, then back again using the plextor drive only. With as little use as this plextor writer gets, seems ashame that something could go wrong with it. Maybe lack of use ha ha

As far as the upgrade goes, I suppose I should purchase the upgrade but as I said, don't use this software enough to know what the benefit would be to upgrade. Still haven't been able to figure out how to use the vogone or KHP, or keyrite software.

Thank you again for responding.

Sandy